Sticky feet or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loza789

Reaction score
hi guys,

i've jsut started doing spray tans and love it. i've done a couple of group bookings and so far i've used a big towel folded up and i refold it for the next client. i also have a towel outside the tent for clients to stand on to get dressed etc...but they get grubby quickly.

I've looked at sticky feet but they are expensive and i don't want to increase my prices.

what do you do?

Why don't you just carry on what you doing if it works for you. It's all I do x

I do use sticky feet and yes, they do eat into your profit slightly. But I have used towels with couch roll for people to stand on when I first started and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

My clients love the sticky feet! Every single one commented how much better it was when I introduced them and how I'm the only one they'd ever been to who provides them. I told them it was because I wanted to provide a special service for them (as its such a quick treatment for the money I charge) and they are worth that bit extra, so if it makes my clients feel worth it, I'll carry on.

I still use a towel under their feet and one to step out onto, and these along with the mop caps and the cream I use to protect palms and nails makes my clients feel special. Which is great as I make 30 for 15 minutes work :D xx

i do use them....i think they are a lot more professional....but thats my opinion.

with the towel thing.....it works for a lot of people....but i just find that when i am asking my client to move around, they are standing in all of the overspray.

there quite cheap on ebay....i bought 50 pairs, 50 g strings and 50 caps for just under £20....so (im not that great at maths) i dont think its much more than 50/60p

It really does depend on which sticky feet you choose and who you buy them from, but I purchase 400 feet (so 200 pairs) for £40-which is 40p a pair. In my book thats definitely worth it to give your clients a little extra attention to detail.

Definitely think you should get sticky feet. As the above poster said, when you ask the client to turn around they will stand in the overspray. I've used sticky feet since day 1 of my spray tanning. I wouldn't be without them now :D I get mine from EBay too!

I trained using sticky feet and after practising on my hubby without sticky feet, and only a towel, he got product on his soles and it looked really awful! They definitely make a big difference!

I used couch roll to begin and found client's where getting spray on their soles I chanced then to stiky feet and it's so muh better and not that expensive, deffo worth it!

i hate sticky feet. 2 towels in booth. a furry bathmat outside so they dont tread on floor. wipe around edge of soles with wet wipe. job done. we have clients coming again and again and are obviously doing something right. the less gadgets you use the less you can charge so remain competitive and people will use more.

I started out using sticky feet but found that they are not easy to remove & once they are removed the clients feet are still sticky, I tried using the towel but like previous comms their feet ended up tanned because they stand in the overspray when moving around. I have gone back to using them as the clients prefer having them to not having them

i salon i use has a hot wet towel to stand on to get rid of the residue, its really pleasant so much nicer than the stickey feet, i only take a size 2 shoe so i end up waddling around like a duck as the stickey feet are far to big on me.

this is a trick i found myself put barrier cream under the feet and get some couch roll and place a piece under each foot the barrier cream will keep it on d foot so when the client moves they dont fall off and they feet dont get tan on them hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back