Sticky Tweezers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gem.1

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been doing lashes for a few months now and getting on pretty well, however one of the things that seems to hold me back and become frustrating is when I'm placing the lash and let go its stuck to the tweezers because of the glue residue!!!!! I've been trying to clean them constantly with remover but apart from going through bottles of the stuff (not cheap either) worried its contaminating the lash extensions with the remover:irked:

Hoping all you lash geeks can help me out! Thanks xx:)

Hi,

I've been doing lashes for a few months now and getting on pretty well, however one of the things that seems to hold me back and become frustrating is when I'm placing the lash and let go its stuck to the tweezers because of the glue residue!!!!! I've been trying to clean them constantly with remover but apart from going through bottles of the stuff (not cheap either) worried its contaminating the lash extensions with the remover:irked:

Hoping all you lash geeks can help me out! Thanks xx:)

Hi

Don't use remover to clean, use acetone/or and alcohol wipes. Also, have a spare set of tweezers ready to swap over and a pot of barbicide to put tweezers in.:)

Great thanks, I have used nail polish remover on my fingers to remove any glue I got on myself by accident, was worried about using it on tweezers then use near eyes, but maybe the acetone evaporates?? maybe if I have a bowl of water to rinse too??

Cheers x

I do the same as Julie, spare set of tweezers and i dip sticky tweezers in acetone frequently and wipe on bedroll x

I hate it when that happens,lol!
I was taught to use surgical spirit,works a treat, doesnt neccessarily remove the glue, but certainly de-stickies it : )

Kate x

Barbicide works a treat.

Brilliant, thanks for advice...bought some acetone first thing this morning and used on tweezers when doing a set of lashes this afternoon and worked a treat!!

Thanks again :)

If mine get sticky during a session - rather than use another chemical - I put a clean wooden spatula between the jaws, lightly gripping it and drag the length of the spat. It acts like a file - cleaning off anything between the jaws.

That sounds like a good idea too! Got a booking in tonight will give that a go! Thanks x

Latest posts

Back