Stiletto nails - are they popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look fierce!! Never worn them myself for fear of losing an eye :lol: but I think they look awesome!

I wear mine stiletto 90% of the time, one client has seen them and loves them on herself, a few more have tried it, some will try almond though as its less scary they say.

I like them because I dont seem to do as much damage to them when working as I do when they used to be square, they are more practical for me. although after a week or so they look more almond than stiletto.

But a lot of people think they are a dated look, somthing their mum or nan used to have:lol:

I wear mine stiletto 90% of the time, one client has seen them and loves them on herself, a few more have tried it, some will try almond though as its less scary they say.

I like them because I dont seem to do as much damage to them when working as I do when they used to be square, they are more practical for me. although after a week or so they look more almond than stiletto.

But a lot of people think they are a dated look, somthing their mum or nan used to have:lol:

Yes, when women's hands looked pretty and feminine instead of aggressive and masculine!!

I love almond shaped nails and only wear mine in a soft square for normal everyday when I have them short model length and very naturally shaped.

I think Stiletto is too extreme for most clients and have never been asked to do these. I do have several almond clients and they look amazing. I wear almonds myself and tried stiletto at christmas but found them a pain in the butt as they drew too much negative attention to them (ooh I dont like them, oh dont do mine like yours etc) they were extra long and extra sparkly - I called them my Russians! Fun but not my cup of tea.

I find the same sam1, how come nfu mainly demonsrate this shape though, I'd love to see nfu do a more practical nail (in both length and shape).

Oh Carl what fun would that be:). Its a signature shape perfect to showcase your work. The idea is to demonstrate the possibilities, of course you can't put a set of designer stilettos on your average person(we'd have eyes out left right and center) but when they see the work on your nails and they want something similar you can adapt it to suit them. The ability to create a one of a kind set of designer nails for a wedding,formal or special occasion that will suit the person as well as their lifestyle is very satisfying.

i love wearing the stiletto nails it draws attention to me and people ask where i get my nails done !!:lol: so i give them a card but Geeg is right as always there not some thing id put on my clients :) they're fun xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the responses - interesting. I think I'll wait and get REALLY good at natural looking pink/whites first before trying these!

I think some of them look amazing in photographs, but I personally would never wear them and can't imagine any of my clients would either.

Surely no-one has a lifestyle that suits these long pointed nails for every day wear - do they??

Gina xx

Latest posts

Back