Stoptober

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did it!!! :D
I lasted a night out until 02.30am without smoking! So chuffed!

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well done khs. I've been 6 months now and I'm happy to report that I don't think anything of it now when I'm hanging out with a smoker. Went to the pub last night with a smoker and it occurred to me then that at some point it really did stop bothering. I put off giving up as I feared I would always be wanting one and would never get over the urge to smoke. So happy I did it and am well and truly over the hump!

Thank you Spud,..do you no longer have any craving now? Or just the odd mild twang of one?
Well done for getting so far

im 1 week & 1 day!!!
I was a demon until Wednesday, and not so bad since then..... Now, I only think of a smoke about twice a day, its not bothering me as much and more.... but I have noticed i'm getting a bad sore throat...:(
but once i'm away from people who smoke, i'm fine.... It shall be a test in the upcoming weeks!!

Good luck :)

Well done Suzanne, :D

It's all the badness coming out, apparently gums will bleed when brushing teeth too as as the nerve endings get oxygen.. Nice :eek:

Well done Suzanne, :D

It's all the badness coming out, apparently gums will bleed when brushing teeth too as as the nerve endings get oxygen.. Nice :eek:

That is why mine have started bleeding :( xx

Yup, mine too....it's not permanent.
On a position side, oxygen is also getting through the skin too so complexion will start to breath, glow and look alive again :D

10 days now

Well I'm back from my holiday and survived totally smoke-free!! Now on day 50!! Treated myself to 5 new pretties for my Pandora bracelets as a reward.

Strange thing is that since getting back home I have started reaching for my cigarettes again...........not for actually smoking but just a habitual reaction to being in my own home having a cuppa etc (not a craving just a deep set habit).

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Claire

Hey Claire, hope you had a great holiday, well done for not smoking :D

I don't have any cigarettes in the house at all, I threw everything away, moved the lighter from the cupboard by the back door too lol, if I'd kept any in the house I'd have to smoke them :rolleyes:

Hey Claire, hope you had a great holiday, well done for not smoking :D

I don't have any cigarettes in the house at all, I threw everything away, moved the lighter from the cupboard by the back door too lol, if I'd kept any in the house I'd have to smoke them :rolleyes:

When I said I was reaching for my cigarettes I didn't mean I had any just reaching down to the coffee table to pick the packet up as a habitual reaction..........nothing there to actually pick up though!!

Husband is still smoking so there's always cigarettes in the house but he knows to keep them out of my sight,............he always smokes outside now and I must say he bloody stinks when he comes back in and I find myself holding my breath as I don't want to breathe any of it in!!

Keep up the good work........i feel it gets easier each day.

Claire

Ahhh ok, I read it wrong, :D

I notice how strong the smell is after this short time,

I'm a bit concerned as this thread has gone very quiet..........just wondering how everyone is doing?
I'm now on day 57 so have passed the 8 week stage..........so pleased with myself and can confidently say that I now consider myself a non-smoker.
Now I have to battle the weight gain.............I've not weighed myself but my clothes are ready to burst!!! The diet starts on Monday!!

Claire

Well done Claire, you're doing great.

All good here too, day 18 for me :D

Still a bit of a struggle when I go out for a drink, but I try to stick close to the non smokers if I get a big craving. It'll take time to break the Jack Daniels and a cigarette link - but I'm getting there :thumbup:

All good here too. Been quiet on here as got alot of personal stuff going on. :(
Can not believe how much money I have saved so I am going to go shopping next week to treat myself. Not going to buy clothes tho as can feel the weight going on lol.
Glad everyone is doing well
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well done Claire, you're doing great.

All good here too, day 18 for me :D

Still a bit of a struggle when I go out for a drink, but I try to stick close to the non smokers if I get a big craving. It'll take time to break the Jack Daniels and a cigarette link - but I'm getting there :thumbup:

Well done to you too!!

If you're struggling with the JD/ciggie link, could you perhaps change your tipple......just a thought!

Claire

All good here too. Been quiet on here as got alot of personal stuff going on. :(
Can not believe how much money I have saved so I am going to go shopping next week to treat myself. Not going to buy clothes tho as can feel the weight going on lol.
Glad everyone is doing well
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well done!! Its always difficult to focus when other things are going on........so you're doing good.
I've now saved over £400! Well not saved as I've spent it all on rewards........handbags, shoes, Pandora charms (in fact I think I've spent more than I've saved really but hey ho I deserve it!!).
Enjoy your shopping trip next week and let us know what little treats you get!

Claire

How has everyone got on?

My bleeding gums have stopped but its slowly dawned on me (TMI...sorry) Im not going to the toilet 😱 as often, and when I do its not much. I found id have a cig at least once a day, relax, & think oh I need to go. Now, nothing!

Im so uncomfortable, bloated, put weight on since quitting anyway, but this just makes me feel ergh!

Wondered if it was just me?

Xx

How has everyone got on?

My bleeding gums have stopped but its slowly dawned on me (TMI...sorry) Im not going to the toilet 😱 as often, and when I do its not much. I found id have a cig at least once a day, relax, & think oh I need to go. Now, nothing!

Im so uncomfortable, bloated, put weight on since quitting anyway, but this just makes me feel ergh!

Wondered if it was just me?

Xx

No not just you.......since stopping I suffer with excessive wind!!!! I'm told its just the body adjusting to being nicotine free!!

I've now passed 10 weeks smoke free but this week has been particularly tough as I lost my beloved mum on Wednesday.......I am determined to remain smoke free but the next few weeks will be a struggle. One day at a time..............

Claire

No not just you.......since stopping I suffer with excessive wind!!!! I'm told its just the body adjusting to being nicotine free!!

I've now passed 10 weeks smoke free but this week has been particularly tough as I lost my beloved mum on Wednesday.......I am determined to remain smoke free but the next few weeks will be a struggle. One day at a time..............

Claire

Oh no Claire, Im so sorry to hear that :( sending you a big hug!

You've done extremely well to not cave.

Lots of love ❤️ xx

Claire

Well done you. So sorry to hear about your mum. Try and stay strong.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back