Stoptober

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellybeauty

Reaction score
Hi geeks

For stoptober im going to try and stop smoking.
Is anyone else gonna join me and give each other support?
I need to stop this expensive dirty habbit. :eek:
Xx
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm going to try it! Praying that September never ends haha I'm savouring every smoke I have now lol!! Xxx

I'll join you............I have a headstart though as I'm currently on day 33 as a non-smoker and doing surprisingly well as not using any nicotine replacement (did try spray and lozenge but couldn't stand the taste!!).
Downside is weight gain..........10lb in 3 weeks but managed to kerb it last week and lost 1lb. Struggling with dieting this week though.
Upside is all the extra money I have to spend.........2 Osprey handbags and 2 pairs of shoes!!!

Claire

Just to give you a bit of encouragement, I gave up 5 months ago using patches for 8wks. After the patches I put on about a stone in 3wks! However it has all come off now as my body has settled down from stopping the initial over eating. Good luck!

I'll have a go (again)
I do so well then fall off the wagon on a night out :( then kick myself tje next day and have yo try to start all over again lol

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok geeks lets do this together.
Ive brought a e cig to give that ago.
I really cant put any weight on though as already a size 16 :rolleyes:
X

I'll join you............I have a headstart though as I'm currently on day 33 as a non-smoker and doing surprisingly well as not using any nicotine replacement (did try spray and lozenge but couldn't stand the taste!!).
Downside is weight gain..........10lb in 3 weeks but managed to kerb it last week and lost 1lb. Struggling with dieting this week though.
Upside is all the extra money I have to spend.........2 Osprey handbags and 2 pairs of shoes!!!

Claire

Well done..... ooooo I am looking forward to the extra money!
Are you still craving? ?

Just to give you a bit of encouragement, I gave up 5 months ago using patches for 8wks. After the patches I put on about a stone in 3wks! However it has all come off now as my body has settled down from stopping the initial over eating. Good luck!

Thank you and well done to you x
I am very worried about over eating :(

Im not a smoker but just want to wish you all luck as i can imagine its not easy, but just keep thinking of all the great things about being a non-smoker! :hug:

I gave up over 20 years ago and haven't touched one since. I smoked a minimum of 20 a day. The book The easy way to stop smoking by Alan Carr really helped me.

I had tried to stop many times but being pregnant and my pregnancy staying after a previous miscarriage was the incentive I needed.

For me, there was no such thing as one cigarette, if I took a puff I was back on it again so knew this was it!

I still think that giving up smoking is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. I can dream that I have had a cigarette and wake up so relieved that it is just a dream.

The very best of luck to all of you. I know how it can be. I think Alan Carr said something along the lines of 'If you find it easy to give up, you can find it easy to start again' which is so true. My friend gave up and was telling me how easy it was and she was back on them a few weeks later. If it was that easy she could do it any time. She still smokes!

The other thing I noticed is how much your mates want you to get back on the fags. It makes them feel better about being a smoker. Try and ignore them!

Don't know if this helps any of you but maybe it will.

Good luck.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I gave up over 20 years ago and haven't touched one since. I smoked a minimum of 20 a day. The book The easy way to stop smoking by Alan Carr really helped me.

I had tried to stop many times but being pregnant and my pregnancy staying after a previous miscarriage was the incentive I needed.

For me, there was no such thing as one cigarette, if I took a puff I was back on it again so knew this was it!

I still think that giving up smoking is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. I can dream that I have had a cigarette and wake up so relieved that it is just a dream.

The very best of luck to all of you. I know how it can be. I think Alan Carr said something along the lines of 'If you find it easy to give up, you can find it easy to start again' which is so true. My friend gave up and was telling me how easy it was and she was back on them a few weeks later. If it was that easy she could do it any time. She still smokes!

The other thing I noticed is how much your mates want you to get back on the fags. It makes them feel better about being a smoker. Try and ignore them!

Good luck.

Vic x

Thank you very much.

I am going to download his book on my phone so I can read it any time.

Im going to be saving £100 a month by giving up so will treat myself.

I know its going to be hard but I am determined to do this for myself and 2 girls

Xx

Well done..... ooooo I am looking forward to the extra money!
Are you still craving? ?

Thank you!
No not had any cravings for a cigarette at all.......I can't believe it really as I was a 20 a day smoker for over 35 years!!!
I think the reason I am overeating is that my husband is still smoking and although he now goes outside I can still smell it and then need food to compensate!
Went to a wedding last weekend and was dreading it as alcohol was involved but I was fine as was the buffet!
I've given myself a little talking too and am only going to overeat fruit and yoghurt now!

Claire

Good luck.

Vic x

My boyfriend used this book too and he stopped without using any patches etc. He says it was all down to the book!

Good luck.

Vic x

I read this book too and it just made me stop, no cravings, side effects or anything. That was from smoking 20-30 a day.
Over 4 years smoke free now and I'd never go back, I don't even notice people smoking around me, which can be a problem when trying to quit.
It's amazing!!
I agree with Vic, I also have dreams that I'm smoking and wake up to the huge relief that I'm not, how odd. Lol.

I'm going to try... I'm in the process of cutting down at the moment, bought a pack of the new "Niquitin oral mints strips" and on day 2, they burnt my month and ended up with lumps at the back of my month and a sore throat, and of course - went back on the smokes the day after!

Any good nicotine replacements you'd recommend?
I tried the e-cigs, didn't last 24 hours on it, I had it constantly in my hand and puffing on it every minute,
tried the gum, didn't work because I hate crewing gum anyway,
tried the inhaler, I got a throat infection after a week using that,
tried the mints, and niquitin stopped making them, :grr: and they were the best method I found :irked:

something has to work!! :cry:

I'd like to stop buying shoes... Just for a lil while 😁

Hi geeks
I'm joining on the stoptober actually started early and on day 12 with the help of a e-cig but it's always in my mouth every chance I get it is helping but still craving when I do something that relates to me lighting up after. Taste buds and sense of smell should have returned by now but not noticing a difference although I could be wrong as when a client comes in for treatment that's just had a cig i think they stink lol that's not something I miss :)
Strange but I'm finding it a little easier having a pack of 20 in my bag and it's been there a week now! Helps that hubby stopped a month ago now he on the ecig too!
So want to wish you all the best of luck and hope you all curb the temptation!!
Xx

I did stoptober last year and haven't touched a cigarette since! Best thing I ever did and so many people were doing it that there were lots of people around in the same boat giving moral support! You can do it! Good luck! Xxxx

Yay ladies, go for it :)

I quit about 2 months ago, it wasnt/isnt easy, I got so drunk on a night out that I was sick for 24 hours & didnt smoke for 48 hours. So thought why go back?

I went to bed as early as poss to help with the cravings, bought lots of grapes, popped some of them in the freezer too! Had mints, sweets to hand aswell. I also found walking the dog theraputic!

Whilst I have put weight on, the constant hand to mouth/food obsession is slowing right down.

I have an e cig with 0% nicotine liquids, thought not much point swapping one addiction for another (but each to their own) as Id only have to give up the nicotine one day.

If you do opt for the cold turkey route, if you go in a sauna 3 days in a row the nicotine leaves your system quicker.

I went through a 20 pack most days, & I do miss it. I could so smoke and enjoy a cig but Im so proud of myself & Id HATE to have to go through all this again, that scares me!

I knew id put weight on, but if food helped my cravings, then so be it. If Im strong willed enough to give up smoking Im strong enough to loose the weight once smoking isn't my main thought.

I have treated myself to a massage, new bedding, 2 new dresses, 2 pairs of jeans & a couple of tops. So I feel the benefit of not smoking, I have things to show for it that make me feel better!

Ive yet to have a drink though!

Good luck xx

Well done to those who've kicked it,

We may need a hand or a shoulder to lean on, so don't abandon us lol I would love to be saying next year what some of you are saying today...

We can do this girls!!

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back