Stoptober

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck guys x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

*Deep breath*... Here we go!!

"it's a new day..it's a new dawn"...

Thank you all for your support x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

9-30am ive normally had 3 by now and I haven't had 1...... x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well done everyone!!! I gave up 13 yrs ago! & it's strange to think I ever smoked!!
But just on the health/money side of things, if you pay life insurance (the premium is obviously much more being a smoker) but when I gave up I phoned my doctor & spoke to her & asked to have it put on my medical records that I had given up, because as far as insurance companies are concerned you are not classed as a non-smoker until you have been given up for 1 year! So after that time you will then have a reduced life insurance premium! Not to mention all the 💷💷 saved not smoking!!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
⛔️🚬🆓!!

Good luck everyone!! Xx

Well done Kelly...keep going, I'm doing all I can to try not to even think about it,
I'm at work so it's easier at the moment until 1pm...lunch....then I'm going to completely change my routine, to hopefully stop any little "triggers" x

Well done Kelly...keep going, I'm doing all I can to try not to even think about it,
I'm at work so it's easier at the moment until 1pm...lunch....then I'm going to completely change my routine, to hopefully stop any little "triggers" x

Thank you. Im craving at the moment as just had a coffee and normally go out for one straight after but im keeping busy and puffing my e cig but its given me a sore throat.
Lunch time is gonna be a struggle. ..... we can do this khs
X

Hope you're all doing well ......the first day is the worse but get yourselves to bed and in the morning you can celebrate a whole day smoke free and the start of day 2!
Day 40 for me........I love counting the days, join me!!

Claire

Hope you're all doing well ......the first day is the worse but get yourselves to bed and in the morning you can celebrate a whole day smoke free and the start of day 2!

Claire

Hi claire.
Thank you for your support.
Day 1 for me. :o

Hoping tomorrow will be better and cravings will start decreasing.

X

Claire

Yep, going to bed early really helped me (as it was never a place I smoked so it wasnt a trigger, unlike a cup if tea, or an ad break on tv) That & googling what happens after 1 day smoke free, 2 days etc.

I also got a free app to monitor my progress, I couldn't wait each day to complete another day!

🍀 you can do it ladies 🍀 xx

Only had 1 coffee yesterday, as I normally have one after, so I've been drinking mocha instead, working so far

Here we go girls...day 2 :D well done us...

Keep going everyone, the ones well ahead of us are an inspiration
Thank you all for your support

Only had 1 coffee yesterday, as I normally have one after, so I've been drinking mocha instead, working so far

Here we go girls...day 2 :D well done us...

Keep going everyone, the ones well ahead of us are an inspiration
Thank you all for your support

That's similar to what I did - usually a mug of tea with a cigarette so swapped to drinking cappuccino! So after every meal I now have cappuccino instead of a cigarette, its already a habit now!

Keep going......you're doing good.

Claire

I found brushing my teeth after each meal helped me.

It gave me something to do after I'd eaten (instead of smoking) and I never really enjoyed my first cigarette after brushing my teeth so it put me off having one.

I've been quit 9 years now so Im Sending lots of supportive hugs to you all xx

I'm off to Majorca early tomorrow morning........this will be a big challenge as although I'm on day 42 I've not yet had to deal with alcohol and being outside all the time where all the smokers will be including my hubby!!!
I am determined to come home still a non-smoker and have promised myself a little something sparkly from the duty free on the way home if I stay smoke free.
Will be thinking of you all while I'm away - not sure if we've got WiFi in the villa but will check up on you if I can!
Stay strong....you can do it!

Claire

I'm off to Majorca early tomorrow morning........this will be a big challenge as although I'm on day 42 I've not yet had to deal with alcohol and being outside all the time where all the smokers will be including my hubby!!!
I am determined to come home still a non-smoker and have promised myself a little something sparkly from the duty free on the way home if I stay smoke free.
Will be thinking of you all while I'm away - not sure if we've got WiFi in the villa but will check up on you if I can!
Stay strong....you can do it!

Claire

I think you will be fine enjoying the beauty and sunshine and when you land back in this country you will see yourself as a non smoker rather than an ex smoker.

Have a lovely time x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have a fab time Claire, you will be fine, you'll be having to much of a great time to think about it

Keep that "shiney sparkly" in sight :D x

Good luck everyone, you can do it. I'm over 2 years stopped and this time around had no cravings to start again, unlike the last time. Xx

Have a lovely holiday Claire. X

I am now starting to read my Alan Carr book as really struggling :thumbdown:

Brushing my teeth after eating definitely helps not wanting to have a cigarette and ive been eating mints.
Ive also cut down on the coffees too.
How are the rest of you girls doing?

X

Doing ok at the moment, BUT I'm out tonight ekkkkkkkkkk!!! Half of my friends smoke and half don't, so I'll be getting the ones who don't to hold me hostage in tne pub lol

I started read Allen Cars book, I found him repetitive and irritating...but loads have succeeded by it...

I also bought some very low dosage mint nicotine lozenges, just to take the edge off, I've also got a Vanilla flavour ecig that the dose goes down to zero...

If I can make it through tonight, it will be the first time I've not smoked while drinking.

Keep going everyone we're on day FOUR!! :D
http://www.health.com/health/m/calendar/0,,20349707_1,00.html

Doing ok at the moment, BUT I'm out tonight ekkkkkkkkkk!!! Half of my friends smoke and half don't, so I'll be getting the ones who don't to hold me hostage in tne pub lol

I started read Allen Cars book, I found him repetitive and irritating...but loads have succeeded by it...

I also bought some very low dosage mint nicotine lozenges, just to take the edge off, I've also got a Vanilla flavour ecig that the dose goes down to zero...

If I can make it through tonight, it will be the first time I've not smoked while drinking.

Keep going everyone we're on day FOUR!! :D
http://www.health.com/health/m/calendar/0,,20349707_1,00.html

Your brave. I hibernated, for at least 3 weeks. & Ive still not had a drink 2 months on. 🍀 good luck 🍀 xx

Latest posts

Back