Storing client records

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do both and truely dont mind either, its built into my little completion of services routine. Manually i use the same method as BizGirl mentioned above. I like the security of the card files, if something ever happens I'll always have a backup, well unless in the case of a fire :s but I also use an iPad app too but I don't keep it as detailed, it's more for booking, checking out, reports, inventory etc

I do both and truely dont mind either, its built into my little completion of services routine. Manually i use the same method as BizGirl mentioned above. I like the security of the card files, if something ever happens I'll always have a backup, well unless in the case of a fire :s but I also use an iPad app too but I don't keep it as detailed, it's more for booking, checking out, reports, inventory etc

What iPad app do you use?

Also I went to my dermatologist and they has this cool computer/tablet with a pen and the consultation sheet was on there and he wrote on it and signed and everything. Is there something. Similar on iPad??? It looked really good.

I use MyBusiness (same company that do PSA but without the extra cost as it doesn't include the hair colour formulation section which I'm ok with as I don't do hair, suitable for 1 operator only which is again fine for me as im self employed working from home based salon) awesome app, love it, but it doesn't have consultation form on it. I've read on another post earlier in the year about an app that can do something like this, sorry cant recall name :( I'll let you know if it comes back to me :) x

I looked at a few systems last year at the Excel show.

Are all you Geeks and Geekesses happy storing all your client information in "the cloud", or on some server system somewhere?

If you have a locally stored system, and back it up regularly, at least you have your clients in the palm of your hand, so to speak!

What if your system supplier goes bump? There are a lot springing up and surely they can't all survive in this competitive climate.
This happened to me with a printer, all my artwork masters went when they closed (without any notice).

What if there is a problem at the bank and your subscription goes astray for a few days? Will the access to your client list be "switched off" until you have sorted things out?

Just letting you know that there is much to consider before taking the leap.

Latest posts

Back