Straighteners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theden

Reaction score
So how many of you guys blow dry properly or rely on straighteners I was always taught that its the lazy option I do use them now but only as a quick polish ive worked with stylist who literally blast the hair off and do evrrything with straighteners and some of them were really good at it but I just cant seem to get on with them I love a good blowdry!!! So what do you guys prefer? X

Blow I have 1-2 clients that like for straighteners but me and my blow skills is amazing heheh once in college they asked me to show other students how to blow xd

So how many of you guys blow dry properly or rely on straighteners I was always taught that its the lazy option I do use them now but only as a quick polish ive worked with stylist who literally blast the hair off and do evrrything with straighteners and some of them were really good at it but I just cant seem to get on with them I love a good blowdry!!! So what do you guys prefer? X

Back in the day I was told heated tools were to make the style last not to make the style.

I have clients who claimed their hair couldn't go straight without irons until they had me do their hair.

To blast and then iron is pure lazy.
I even fully blowdry curly before using tongs or a wand. Xoxo

Style dry always nothing beats it.

Blowdry and elbow grease, and a damn good set of brushes! Loving Ibiza currently :)

I think its just pure laziness to blast dry and then straighten. Had a employee that did this and it annoyed the hell out of me.

If a customers is paying for a blowdry and straighten then that is what they should get, Not something that is half @rsed and can't be bothered doesn't give the customer much confidence.

I personally will put my heart and soul into making someones hair straight with a good large round brush, then straighten to smooth out.

Xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek

I think its just pure laziness to blast dry and then straighten. Had a employee that did this and it annoyed the hell out of me.

If a customers is paying for a blowdry and straighten then that is what they should get, Not something that is half @rsed and can't be bothered doesn't give the customer much confidence.

I personally will put my heart and soul into making someones hair straight with a good large round brush, then straighten to smooth out.

Xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek

My thoughts exactly there paying for a blowdry not a blast and straighten they could do that themselves !!!

can't beat a great blow dry, so many of my classmates manage to get away with a blast then ironing the heck out of the hair, drives me mad xxx

My thoughts exactly there paying for a blowdry not a blast and straighten they could do that themselves !!!

And a blast just doesn't last. My hair when I wore it straight would last until I washed it with a blowdry, or until the morning if it was
Blasted.

Would anyone here stop a stylist and tell them to blowdry it properly if they went elsewhere (maybe on holiday or for a treat if mobile) and was getting a blast and iron? I would. Xoxo

And a blast just doesn't last. My hair when I wore it straight would last until I washed it with a blowdry, or until the morning if it was
Blasted.

Would anyone here stop a stylist and tell them to blowdry it properly if they went elsewhere (maybe on holiday or for a treat if mobile) and was getting a blast and iron? I would. Xoxo

Well my hairs an inch long lol but if it was long then deffinately !! X

i would and have done! i have really straight hair but its really fine too, i need a good blowdry to get some life and body into mine, which is how i like it, but there has been a few times were my hair has just been blasted then the body put in with straighteners :mad:, my hair doesn't need them so why put extra heat on to fine fragile hair when you don't have too xxx

Straighteners are a big NO! They are so damaging. A blow dry should be what it says a BLOWDRY not a blast off and styled with straighteners- that is just pure lazy! Any good hair-stylist does not need straighteners. A blow dry is one of my favourite services to do any my clients are always so happy

Well my hairs an inch long lol but if it was long then deffinately !! X

Id still ask for a brush to dry it. I use a brush on short hair, looks a lot neater and more control. Xoxo

Id still ask for a brush to dry it. I use a brush on short hair, looks a lot neater and more control. Xoxo

I do still use a brush I know what you mean x

I really want to go to a salon, not mention I'm a hairdresser and ask them to actually blowdry it not blast it now, but with how little I have now it would have to be re washed xoxo

Blasted.

Yip Iv stopped them and asked for their dryer to dry it myself, they gave me it

Pure laziness a good style dry will last a week with some dry shampoo

Blowdry and elbow grease, and a damn good set of brushes! Loving Ibiza currently :)

Are they worth buying? I need a few new brushes, can you get a pack or only individual?

Latest posts

Back