Strange eyebrow wax question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siana

Reaction score
Now, I haven't been on for a while - I used to post a lot of eyebrow trauma threads but was pointed in the direction of no strip wax which has made my life a lot easier. BUT, as I'm doing more and more eyebrows I have noticed something but I don't know if it is just fluke.

I seem to have problems with blonde people!! ie the (berins) no strip wax I use on them isn't as effective as on darker people. I don't know what to think but I was going to try another make to see what happens.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this before or is it just me reading into things too much? Is there a another no strip wax that comes recommended?

I'd be very grateful for any advice.

Thanks x

Blondes generally have more hair per square centimetre than any other hair colour so there is more to remove. Are you making sure that you press the wax into the hairs? You need to make sure when applying the wax that you are pressing hard enough.
I do actually find that strip wax usually gets rid of the hair in one pull but with non-strip i have to maybe go over twice, i find this with top lips too. Maybe that's because you tend to rub the strip more than you would with the wax. I use Berins but you can also try Perron Rigot Euroblonde which is also a great non-strip wax. Everyone has their own preferences.

:confused:I have also noticed this with blonde hair and Berins non strip (which I love). My problem is that no'one seems to know how to remove the wax if you spill it on somewhere like an eyebrow. I'm new to this type of wax and when doing my own eyebrows - I accidentally got some on the middle of my eyebrow. I tried to gently pull it off and guess what......? Yep I now look like some sort of wanna be rapper.
Jasmine oil doesn't remove it so I'm nonplussed. Any suggestions would be welcome.

:confused:I have also noticed this with blonde hair and Berins non strip (which I love). My problem is that no'one seems to know how to remove the wax if you spill it on somewhere like an eyebrow. I'm new to this type of wax and when doing my own eyebrows - I accidentally got some on the middle of my eyebrow. I tried to gently pull it off and guess what......? Yep I now look like some sort of wanna be rapper.
Jasmine oil doesn't remove it so I'm nonplussed. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hi, as wax is supposed to remove hair there is unfortunately nothing you can do to remove the wax without removing the hair.
the only thing i can think of if this happens to you often would be maybe putting oil on the eyebrows to avoid the wax sticking but its still not guaranteed. Just make sure that the wax has the right temperature and twirl the spatula to make sure you dont pull any strings across the face or brow/lashes etc. hth :hug:

I always keep some Salonserve wax remover to hand and use this if the wax gets anywhere it shouldn't. Great for clothes as well. It doesn't matter how careful we are there is always a time when it will end up where it shouldn't be. For eyebrows I personally use a strip wax. I put a thin layer of Jasmine oil on the skin first, apply the wax and then a thin cloth strip. Leave the cloth strip there for a few seconds before removing, this way it grabs the hair better. This will take all the hairs in one go, even on blondes and redheads. I have been waxing for 16 years now and find this much better than having to go over the area again, cheaper too and quicker. I do have non strip wax and use it for certain clients but not for everyone. :)

I always keep some Salonserve wax remover to hand and use this if the wax gets anywhere it shouldn't. Great for clothes as well. It doesn't matter how careful we are there is always a time when it will end up where it shouldn't be. For eyebrows I personally use a strip wax. I put a thin layer of Jasmine oil on the skin first, apply the wax and then a thin cloth strip. Leave the cloth strip there for a few seconds before removing, this way it grabs the hair better. This will take all the hairs in one go, even on blondes and redheads. I have been waxing for 16 years now and find this much better than having to go over the area again, cheaper too and quicker. I do have non strip wax and use it for certain clients but not for everyone. :)

Great that you have found a good way to work and help you when it doesnt go right, but just as a hint for anyone new to waxing.......Most wax cleaners are designed to clean equipment so i would be careful and check thoroughly before using it on a client.......eek!:hug:

I also prefer strip wax in this area as I believe you have more control. The trouble is with using remover on clients that it is designed to remove from equipment and not people! so I would not use this on clients especially on a just waxed area. Switch to strip wax if you are worried.:hug:

I have in the past used Hive after wax oil on a cotton bud to remove wax from an area you may have got wax on by accident.

Yes I realise that it is mostly meant to be used on equipment but I am not recommending it be used all over the body. If wax is spilt on an eyebrow then instead of taking a lump of hair out then it is good to have something to hand. As I stated I have been in the industry for a long long time and am careful and have never had a problem. I would never use anything on a client that I have not tried on myself.

Just a drop between finger and thumb, roll the eyebrows in between and the wax will come off, then cleanse with water and use normal after wax solution.

We are not talking here about what to use normally we are talking about when disaster strikes and was referring to Astral's post. :eek:

I have in the past used Hive after wax oil on a cotton bud to remove wax from an area you may have got wax on by accident.

me 2!

Clean and Easy do an after wax cleanser that is to use on the skin and contains the same ingredients as my cleanser. Thought this might help :)

Thanks guys - you've been great. Obviously I will try to be more careful in future but there are bound to be times when disaster does strike again! There were a lot of good tips there - problem solved!:)

Latest posts

Back