Strawberry Blonde to base 6...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_me_2k

Reaction score
Hiya

My client wants to go from Strawberry blonde base 9ish....mainly natural colour but with some lighter blonde highlights from previous colours...

She does not want much 'if any' warmth in the new colour....

Would I be safe to pre pig with a colour mousse that has some warmth in it....then be ok to put a 6.01 on for the colour?

Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks

x

:hug:Hello,

I am not familiar with pre-pigmentation, but I can tell you this.

If she is a level 9, going back down to a six might frighten her a bit.

Use semi-permanent color, as her hair will take it as permanent, will be gentle on the hair, with better results. If you use permanent, it will lift, then deposit, and you will see a lot of warmth with less than desired results. When using semi-permanent, always go one level lighter, as it will show the true level. If she definately wants a 6, do a level 7. I would do a neutral, which may show a little warmth, if any. The ash tone (01) may be okay if she doesn't want to see any warmth, or, you can do half and half.

Another plus to the semi-permanent is it will lighten a bit, so if she feels a little dark, after a few washings she'll like it better :hug:

All the best!

I fher hairs in good nick ,shouldnt be much of a problem its more when the porositys uneven you get odd shades , i think id probably put a flat 6 than a 6.01 , but it depends on what range uyou are using

Hi, I like Indola tint for a nice 06 shade and its not too khaki looking ,
but as somone said do be careful if she is used to blonde :eek: as yes it may scare her , you could foil out some scattered highlights especially a few around the face to keep it from looking too dark then pop the tint between the foils , but you could do some test pieces first to show the client and to take any guesswork out of it all :) minky

66/07 is a nice tone and you problably wouldn't need to pre-pig with it, altho you might still see a bit of warmth but with her being quite reddish now I think it would be flat enough as she's so used to it. Then next time you could always go then for a flatter shade. xx

Latest posts

Back