stress area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystals

Reaction score
im really no good at doing the stress area, i use pink gel which is not really that thick.
BUT! when i apply the pink as normal like a polish, then if i use my clear gel to do the stress area this works fine as it is thicker, ( is this macking sence) is this ok to do as i no that we are supposed to use the clear as a top coat to give it shine. oh dohhh ive probably got this all wrong.
can any one put me right xx

crystals said:
im really no good at doing the stress area, i use pink gel which is not really that thick.
BUT! when i apply the pink as normal like a polish, then if i use my clear gel to do the stress area this works fine as it is thicker, ( is this macking sence) is this ok to do as i no that we are supposed to use the clear as a top coat to give it shine. oh dohhh ive probably got this all wrong.
can any one put me right xx

Dianna it is fine to do the pink layer then use clear to build the stress area, buff over and finish with a uv topcoat gel.

brilliant, at least its easier that way,
thankyou.xxxx

If you find the gel is moving alot before you cure you could lock cure each nail for 10 seconds before moving onto the next. It isn't fully cured so when you have done all 5 you need to put them in for the full amount of time, but it just cures it enough to hold it in place without it all falling around you like runny icing!

Sassy Hassy said:
If you find the gel is moving alot before you cure you could lock cure each nail for 10 seconds before moving onto the next. It isn't fully cured so when you have done all 5 you need to put them in for the full amount of time, but it just cures it enough to hold it in place without it all falling around you like runny icing!
thanks will do.x

Which gel do you use hun? is it a builder or a layer gel? x x

holliejayne said:
you no what it dosn't even say.
its THE EDGE pink and clear gel.

Well if its a builder gel (applied in one layer) then I find Gigi's insructions in nailclass give the best effect, do you have it? x

no not yet, its gona have to wait till after xmas.

holliejayne said:
just found it tiny little writing, they are both builder gels.

so are you already applying it in 1 layer? x

holliejayne said:
so are you already applying it in 1 layer? x
yes

the technique that youre using is perfectly acceptable. i think doing it that way helps keep a crisp smile line.

Latest posts

Back