Striping tape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikkiSC

Reaction score
Just following on from Kel's25's comment on striping tape, how do you use it sucessfully? Whether I use striping tape or scotch tape, it always seems to bleed no matter how well I think it is stuck down, leaving me to have to try and clean up the edges. I know some of you are amazingly good with striping brushes but I'm still practising with those (being a perfectionist doesn't help in these matters as I can always see a slightly wonky bit!).

I hope some one has an answer its driving my mad!! I haven't tried Sellotape yet!! Xx

I use Scotch tape - take the sticky ness off a bit first and press it down on to completely dry nails. Then paint over with your next layer from tape side to nail if that makes sense - rather than painting the nail and then over the tape? I always then carefully remove the scotch tape while the polish is still wet x

IzzyB - aha! Perhaps I am painting the wrong way as I usually do nail onto tape. Is that not a bit tricky though going back down towards the eponichium? I do use scotch tape and remove when wet so I'll have to give your way a go 😊

Maybe switch your colours around so you can get it neat round the cuticles first then put the next colour on? What effect are you trying to get? Sorry haven't read the other thread?

Ok just seen the other post - so in that case I would paint the whole nail white then when dry put your scotch tape on covering the bit you want to keep white (in this case the bit at the top) paint on the pale orange starting on the tape and painting the uncovered nail - then repeat with other colours- does that make sense?

That's a great idea! I think because I didn't want to layer the colours up too much, I was blocking of top and bottom and and painting in the middle. so 2 potential bits that can bleed, also wasnt taking it off wet! and working from free edge up ill try the other way thank you xx

Latest posts

Back