Strong bleach help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah yes sorry got mixed up its platine not scalp one the white one, again rep said either was suitable the more I think of it she clearly was a nightmare. Platinum I do like but is expensive as I'm now mobile.is there another you would recommend ?

Ah yes sorry got mixed up its platine not scalp one the white one, again rep said either was suitable the more I think of it she clearly was a nightmare. Platinum I do like but is expensive as I'm now mobile.is there another you would recommend ?

Either isn't fine! Loreal do two powder bleaches one for on scalp one for off scalp. Matrix v light is nice. :)

Yes she said that but said the white one would be fine too which is the more hi lite one, it was a little while ago now or I would report her.thank you I will try that.

My client text me last night saying it was too yellow, and gingery at back. I'm going back at 1 today. What shall I do will bleach and 10 be too strong? I'm not sure if a toner will do enough ... Help.

My client text me last night saying it was too yellow, and gingery at back. I'm going back at 1 today. What shall I do will bleach and 10 be too strong? I'm not sure if a toner will do enough ... Help.

Are you new to hairdressing?

Without seeing the clients hair it's a bit hard to tell... Condition etc?

What level ave you lifted to?

No I'm not just simply asking for some advice, I just havnt found a good toner that I like, she's lifted to a good 10 if not a bit lighter. It's just yellowy.

If ur using wella 12.81 will knock out any yellow/orange from the hair as it has ash in it..x

If ur using wella 12.81 will knock out any yellow/orange from the hair as it has ash in it..x

I'm no wella geek but sure 12 series are hilift, so definitively not suitable for toning over bleach! You need a toner with a violet tone to
Counteract the yellow ;)

I'm no wella geek but sure 12 series are hilift, so definitively not suitable for toning over bleach! You need a toner with a violet tone to
Counteract the yellow ;)

Not over bleach wth a high peroxide but using it with a low one like3% works as a good toner at the bk wash

Not over bleach wth a high peroxide but using it with a low one like3% works as a good toner at the bk wash

Hilift tint is stack full of ammonia though, so will damage further the hair! ;)

Hilift tint is stack full of ammonia though, so will damage further the hair! ;)

Well I'm just giving my opinion..and it definalty hasn't with me..😁 cx

No don't use 12/81. 10/8 - 2 parts with 10/1 - 1 part, will give you the same results. Lot less damaging mixed with pastel.

It's frightening reading this that a rep can give out such bad advice! I use wella blondor cream for use on the scalp with 20 vol and it lifts base 7 sufficient enough to tone. I tone with wella 10/16 mixed 1:2 with pastel if it's too yellow. If its orangey then use wella 10/8 mixed 1:2 with pastel. These are great colours to keep in stock for toning and come in very handy. Keep checking the colour by wiping some off whilst this is toning and wash off when you reach the desired shade. Sometimes you can see it change very quickly before your eyes and it only takes ten mins or so but sometimes it takes the whole development time of 35-40 mins. Good luck.

Thank you so much for all the replys,
I went back today to lift it up slightly more and tone was a great result glad its all sorted...she then told me she's thinking if going dark next time Grrr back to beginning :) x

Latest posts

Back