Struggling for business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shel

Reaction score
Hi guys

Jus looking for some friendly advice. I qualified in both beauty and nail technology a few years ago. Never really did much with it, so I recently took a gel course to get me a bit more up to date.

After plucking up the courage to go mobile I've really struggled for business, it seems like another woman very local who isn't qualified is getting most of the business, problem is she's my cousin so I'm not quiet sure how I can approach her about it!! Bit of a delicate one, I am getting business but she is taking a lot, then my other friend owns a very well established hair & beauty business, should i cast my net further afield to try for new business?

its real hard times out there hun...i wish you all the best ...be proud you have your q[ualifications and you did it the right way....the only advice that i have and i have been mobile for years now is to treat each customer you have like a q[ueen...listen to them and build up a good relationship with them cause they will come back to you for two reasons , one if you are good and two if they like and can relate to you....through this i always get repeat and recommendations.. word of mouth is the best and though it has taken time i have built up a steady flow of customers and god bless the regular customers cause they will keep you afloat through tough times. keep going and yes its always a good idea to try new markets and areaas for customers cause you never know what might come up.. take care hope it hel1ps

How come your cousin gets lots of clients without having training? Where did she learn beauty and nails?

There is a couple of salons local to me which offer treatments cheaper than me, however I Am mobile and travel to them so that sometimes appeal more. I have worked mostly on old school friends (people from Facebook) so far I have done a family of sisters on someone I don't know, but y cousin knows them,and I have them rebooking. Get business cards made, post door to door, it's like having a chip shop and someone opening next to do, they are only going to come to you if your good and welcoming, don't give up.

Latest posts

Back