Struggling with Louella Belle infrared lamp for IBX

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma@lashes

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this lamp ? I bought the Louella Belle lamp advertised with IBX and need some advise please. I can cope with it not having an on/ off switch, but I am surprised it comes with a 150 watt bulb. It gets so hot. So I have to put it on a separate table next to my manicure table to keep it a good distance from the client, but the head of the lamp doesn't tilt downwards and it seems to blast the heat directly at eye level of the client. I have thought about trying to switch the head around so it tilts downwards , but that will make the heat more intense on the fingers and it might damage the lamp. Has anyone done this or changed the bulb or got any other suggestions please?

On a positive note I have been using the lamp on my lower back for muscle pain and it's fab :)

I bought the same lamp from amazon and my husband put a switch on it. Been tempted to swap the head around, however, feels like the plastic would break though. I too wondered about the 150w bulb - amazon sell a 100w one for £17, which I also bought and gave to my parents for the IRL therapy, which is excellent. If you do manage to take the head off and swap it around, please drop me a line and let me know. Thanks :)

I also bought this one from amazon. We switched the head around but it wasn't an easy task (we nearly broke it) and I found it was still too hot for my clients. It's sat in a box, gathering dust. I bought a lamp from Dunelm and found a 75 watt bulb in B&Q. It's not meant to be used with such a high watt bulb, but I figured it wont be on for long so I'm cautious with it.

Thanks for responding Dnx and ch-ela. I think I'm going to keep the infrared one for my back pain and just buy a lamp with a 75 watt bulb for IBX. I feel I've spent too long trying to accommodate the Louella Belle one and it's just not suitable. I'm surprised they are selling it for IBX. I'll email them tomorrow . Xx

The lamp situation is a pain. I actually ordered a different lamp from Amazon but they just sent this one as the others were out of stock. Charming! They did say that I could return it and wait, but they couldn't tell me when the other lamp (which I felt would have been more suitable) would be back in stock.

Just asked OH about the wattage of the bulb and he said "we've bought/ seen so many lamps I've lost track"

On the plus side... IBX is great!!

This is what I have and use on myself at home... It`s an awesome unit but not too portable. I use a hairdryer on low for my mobile clients.
Behind The Chair - Products

Attachments

• chi lamp dryer.JPG
    chi lamp dryer.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 207
Oh dear I am waiting for the lamp from louelle belle to be delivered I'm now thinking I've made a mistake getting that one which makes me quite cross as you would think as it is advertised with the ibx it would be suitable ....gonna be money down the drain I feel :mad:

I'll be interested to see how you get on with it jlo nails. I am surprised that alongside the IBX they sell a lamp with a 150 watt bulb when the instructions from the IBX site state that the bulb should be no more than 75 - 100 watt. It is so hot that there is no excess product to wipe away :-(

But IBX is fab!

This is what I have and use on myself at home... It`s an awesome unit but not too portable. I use a hairdryer on low for my mobile clients.
Behind The Chair - Products

Can I ask more about your hairdryer method? I'm yet to purchase ibx purely because I don't fancy carrying another lamp/bulb around with me! How long do you have hairdryer on nails for, and have you found it is working as well as the lamp?

Thank you in advance x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm a bit reluctant to get my lamp out the box...has anyone spoken to louelle belle about this yet...if not maybe I will give them a call and see what they say...if anyone could let me know before I ring....x

Hi everyone. I am hopefully able to clear any concerns you have about the infrared light from louelle belle.
I rang them today and queried the wattage because as we all know the recommended watt is 75-100 watt bulb...that recommendation is for a normal desk lamp...because the louelle belle ones are infrared we need to place it so that the hand can be kept on your nail stations and when you switch it on you should see a red circle. It does not matter if it seems it is too far away so long as they are within the red spot you should be able to feel the heat....I had visions of putting my clients hand up to the lamp as it does not tilt till they informed me of this procedure ....really hope this information helps you out girls....hope this makes sense as doing it quickly before school run....any questions I'll be happy to try and help....xx

This is how I position my lamp for IBX, I just sit it on top of my UV lamp, works for me :) Grrr it won't let me upload the pic from my iPhone. So no idea how to post pics on this forum anymore then, always used to work. !!

Hi everyone. I am hopefully able to clear any concerns you have about the infrared light from louelle belle.
I rang them today and queried the wattage because as we all know the recommended watt is 75-100 watt bulb...that recommendation is for a normal desk lamp...because the louelle belle ones are infrared we need to place it so that the hand can be kept on your nail stations and when you switch it on you should see a red circle. It does not matter if it seems it is too far away so long as they are within the red spot you should be able to feel the heat....I had visions of putting my clients hand up to the lamp as it does not tilt till they informed me of this procedure ....really hope this information helps you out girls....hope this makes sense as doing it quickly before school run....any questions I'll be happy to try and help....xx

Thanks for that info. But it still wouldn't work for me. I have the 18G so cant place it on top of that and because I have turned it around, it's top heavy. Pointing upwards, (original) I would be worried about either my client or myself looking into the light. Or any of the other clients in the hair salon.

It would be fab if anyone could post a picture.

I've gotva client tomorrow for ibx if I remember I will take pictures of how my set up will be. X

Hi guys I remembered to take a pic of my set up for ibx...had to put a egg cup under the lamp though so it was tilted lol...worked ok though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 82

Latest posts

Back