Stuck in a rut! help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkies101

Reaction score
I seem to have got myself stuck in a rut!

I have my own nail salon but work by myself and find it hard to find new ideas or to better my work as i have nobody to bounce off from!

I really want to get myself to competition level and be able to do some of the amazing artwork that is shown in these pictures but cant seem to change how I do things?!!

not really sure what to do next?i know that a one to one with somebody would be good, but for the time being I would like to be able to do some thing when im just sat on my todd with no clients!

Any ideas what to start with?

Thanks (sorry if this doesnt make much sence i had trouble wording it!)

I seem to have got myself stuck in a rut!

I have my own nail salon but work by myself and find it hard to find new ideas or to better my work as i have nobody to bounce off from!

I really want to get myself to competition level and be able to do some of the amazing artwork that is shown in these pictures but cant seem to change how I do things?!!

not really sure what to do next?i know that a one to one with somebody would be good, but for the time being I would like to be able to do some thing when im just sat on my todd with no clients!

Any ideas what to start with?

Thanks (sorry if this doesnt make much sence i had trouble wording it!)

If you are stuck in a rut maybe it is a case of WON'T CHANGE rather than can't change.

There is something new I want to do and I am going to take a class to learn how to do it ... seems to me that is the logical thing to do rather than waste time muddling through on my own. There are experts who know more than I do about this so I am going to see that I go to the best to learn how to do it ... seems the smart road to take to me.

You can have a one to one with yourself and stay stuck in your rut or take a one to one with an expert and move on. You know what I would do and that is my advice to you.

Hi it is hard when you are by yourself. I am always thinking can I do better and some times advice would be good.

You just have to keep up with the times thats why this site is so good.

I am going to the Minx open day in Leeds and also doing their Conversion on the 15 Dec just so I can get some feed back and latest techniques.

Alisonxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi it is hard when you are by yourself. I am always thinking can I do better and some times advice would be good.

I am going to the Minx open day in Leeds and also doing their Conversion on the 15 Dec just so I can get some feed back and latest techniques.

Alisonxx

The best thing this site has done in my opinion is to offer the help and support to those who are 'on their own' ... which as you so rightly say, you really are not if you visit here!

If you have a distributor who is 'worth their salt', then they should be your business partner too. No one should ever be alone if they have a good business partner whose sole mission in life is to see you better your business and make more money out of it. With that kind of help, everyone wins.

Alisonxx

Good for you!! As geeg said you are never alone when you are here. we are/where all in the same boat at one time or other so we can all relate to each other. When I first joined I had no idea I would still be here over a year later reading and learning every day. The best advice has already been given already by geeg. xxx

Latest posts

Back