Stuck on how to go about this colour change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourBoy

Reaction score
Hey!

So I've been racking my brains for over a week on how to go about this colour change that I've got booked in tomorrow. My friend currently has a balayage, her ends are a dull level 8/9, roots are a tinted and slightly faded level 6, and she has 1 inch natural regrowth level 5, our goal is a level 10!

Now I've just had a complete block on how to go about it, the processes I've thought are trying to bleach bath the darker tinted areas, then go through with back to back foils using 6%/9% on the tinted areas that I predict are going to lift to an orange 7/8, 3% on the already 8/9 ends, lift all of that as light as possible. Possibly re-apply if necessary until it's a level 10, then go through and do the roots and tone at the end? Does that sound like the best way I'm going to be able to go about it or am I making it harder for myself? Does anyone have any recommendations or alternatives routes you'd go down?

Thanks!

I think I would do a colour remover first.

I'm not sure I would bother with foils?

I'd go through ends with 3%. Midlengths 9% and roots a 6%...

I'd almost be inclined to do midlengths until level 10. Wash out. Then do roots and when almost at a 10 do ends (and any pieces that aren't quite up to colour through midlengths)

I'd do graces last suggestion

Thanks guys!

I think I would do a colour remover first.

I'm not sure I would bother with foils?

I'd go through ends with 3%. Midlengths 9% and roots a 6%...

I'd almost be inclined to do midlengths until level 10. Wash out. Then do roots and when almost at a 10 do ends (and any pieces that aren't quite up to colour through midlengths)
I'd do this too, but just be sure to check the manufacturers guide with the colour removers, as with some of them, you cannot use bleach or permanent tint after freshly stripping the hair

Latest posts

Back