Studio 58 mini lox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
Who's tried these? Is it on the ok' EasiLocks band wagon? I love studio 58 so am interested I these! Surely if they fit over normal I tips and dot specifically need mini tipped hair they're not as small as EasiLocks etc?!

Thanks.

Who's tried these? Is it on the ok' EasiLocks band wagon? I love studio 58 so am interested I these! Surely if they fit over normal I tips and dot specifically need mini tipped hair they're not as small as EasiLocks etc?!

Thanks.

Correct the will fit however I don't feel the correct amount of natural hair can be pulled through with the MiniLocks and their hair. However I've used with my supplier of mini tips & its fab

Thanks.

Hi

We aren't trying to jump on a bandwagon, or claiming to have invented something new and giving it a fancy name, or telling anyone that they need to undergo anymore training - they are very tiny copper tubes that need small tips to fit them.

We are just trying to offer an alternative to something that we feel is overpriced for what it actually is.

Our new decadence stock (more of which is arriving soon), and indeed some of our newer batches of double drawn have tips that both fit and through which enough hair can be pulled. x

Hi

We aren't trying to jump on a bandwagon, or claiming to have invented something new and giving it a fancy name, or telling anyone that they need to undergo anymore training - they are very tiny copper tubes that need small tips to fit them.

We are just trying to offer an alternative to something that we feel is overpriced for what it actually is.

Our new decadence stock (more of which is arriving soon), and indeed some of our newer batches of double drawn have tips that both fit and through which enough hair can be pulled. x

Hiya! So if I buy the double drawn 18" I tips and the mini lox they'll fit in okay? I'm going to use them for my next few clients this week and get a feel for them!

Hiya! So if I buy the double drawn 18" I tips and the mini lox they'll fit in okay? I'm going to use them for my next few clients this week and get a feel for them!

Yes they will fit.

Some of our older batches have slightly longer tips that may need trimming, but all the newer stock has tiny tips

are these mini copper tubes silicone lined? if not can you explained how they hold with out sliding out? As Easilocks stick tips are made from a softer glue which helps prevent sliding..

are these mini copper tubes silicone lined? if not can you explained how they hold with out sliding out? As Easilocks stick tips are made from a softer glue which helps prevent sliding..

Yes that is a good question? Does your glue do this?

Yes that is a good question? Does your glue do this?

No they aren't as they are so small that if you lined them you wouldn't get the hair and stick tip through, I love the MiniLocks I've ordered loads fitted a full head yesterday with the studio58

I am impressed.

No they aren't as they are so small that if you lined them you wouldn't get the hair and stick tip through, I love the MiniLocks I've ordered loads fitted a full head yesterday with the studio58

I am impressed.

Have you got a picture of the bonds at all Hun? How would you compare them size wise to the pictures of the EasiLocks? X

With this special softer glue, once it has been squashed then how is the hair able to be used again?

Easilocks tips are like a rubbery glue which helps prevent sliding of the lock. I dont use easilocks myself but i have seen them, and they are reusable. I though the whole point of having siliconed lined rings was to helps prevent damage to the hair?? Im not slating this product im just trying to find some more information on it.

To clear up confusion on silicone lined v non silicone - both are non damaging. The ones you want to stay clear of are screw lined or screw fit. The original version used to have the inside walls very similar to a screw thread bolt. The supposed security for non slip was based on metal ridges embedding into the stick tip AND THE NATURAL HAIR! Disaster... results scored and broken hair after removal. Non silicone lined/smooth finish just allows a smaller ring or tube or Lox to be safely fitted and allowing enough hair to be pulled through to have a healthy weight ratio. mini-lox do just that...

To clear up confusion on silicone lined v non silicone - both are non damaging. The ones you want to stay clear of are screw lined or screw fit. The original version used to have the inside walls very similar to a screw thread bolt. The supposed security for non slip was based on metal ridges embedding into the stick tip AND THE NATURAL HAIR! Disaster... results scored and broken hair after removal. Non silicone lined/smooth finish just allows a smaller ring or tube or Lox to be safely fitted and allowing enough hair to be pulled through to have a healthy weight ratio. mini-lox do just that...

Do you think they should be applied closer then a micro ring as they are smaller?

no zoe, same principles as all strand by strand methods. the benefits of mini-lox are that they clamp flatter and more secure as made with copper which is a more pliable metal and they look a whole lot neater..:D

no zoe, same principles as all strand by strand methods. the benefits of mini-lox are that they clamp flatter and more secure as made with copper which is a more pliable metal and they look a whole lot neater..:D

Ok thank you :) x

I only asked cause I know easi locks and other mini licks fit them closer to scalp with mini tips so I'm a little confused that's all xx

Ive seen easilocks fitted right on the scalp, geez that must hurt, they also said no maintenance is needed for 9 months. This is an expensive £500 service salon. A brand name can't stop people doing things badly

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive seen easilocks fitted right on the scalp, geez that must hurt, they also said no maintenance is needed for 9 months. This is an expensive £500 service salon. A brand name can't stop people doing things badly

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've read loads on easi locks and other licks they replace new rings every 10-12 weeks so a whole removal and re fit same hair

I've read loads on easi locks and other licks they replace new rings every 10-12 weeks so a whole removal and re fit same hair

Oops meant locks

i understand your confusion but no matter what the system is for strand by strand (excluding nano) you should use the same principle based on the hair that is taken through the ring and the rate of natural shedding from the scalp. Fitting too tight in any case or fitting system will result in tension related to hair being pulled against the natural hair growth. Keep it simple - let the natural hair breath and dance freely to be healthy and grow naturally without strain or damaging effects.... god i'm only 40 and sound like a hippy! x:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back