Studio58

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suse82

Reaction score
I have looked at a few companies to do an extensions course, studio58 being one of them, I thought I'd decided on them but I'm being put off by a few reviews saying their hair recently has been poor and the fact every time I try and phone them to book the course I can't get through! I'm actually getting put through to their christmas answering machine message saying their closed till 27th dec! I just want a company that's good to deal with and have good quality hair. :confused:

Try hair rebellion xx

Thanks I'll check them out x

Email them they are really good at answering them, or leave a msg they always ring me back :)

I have trained in 3 methods with studio58 and they are fab. Helen and Matt and lovely, they're getting a bad rep on here at the moment but the fact of the matter is they are extremely busy and have many loyal repeat customers, if their hair was THAT bad they wouldn't have a business. Just before christmas SJK was being targeted on here for their bad customer service and poor hair quality but they still seem to be going strong and have many positive reviews on their Facebook. The best thing to do is order some hair from diff suppliers and do some testing of your own.

If you call S58 and leave a message i'm sure they will get back to you. I emailed them yesterday and they are normally very quick at getting back to me but haven't replied yet. I suspect they are away doing training or don't have access to the internet just now.

I did two methods with them almost a year ago. The course was really good and I learnt a lot of very useful theory as well.

Their comms was stronger a year ago - I've noticed too that going downhill

The last few months I've struggled to get in touch with them through phone and email and never had a voicemail returned - in the end I give up!! It's just been non urgent things like colour rings updates (one they said they would give me in June and I'm still waiting!!) and aftercare info etc. I've also noticed they haven't returned calls/emails but post on here - that really annoys me!!

It's good their busy but they need an assistant if they are this busy.

I always order and pay online so rarely do need to speak to them - never had a problem with the ordering and hair has always been great.

Fingers crossed you can get through to them because the course is good! They tend not to answer the phone when they are training so check their training dates and that may be a reason.

I have trained in 3 methods with studio58 and they are fab. Helen and Matt and lovely, they're getting a bad rep on here at the moment but the fact of the matter is they are extremely busy and have many loyal repeat customers, if their hair was THAT bad they wouldn't have a business. Just before christmas SJK was being targeted on here for their bad customer service and poor hair quality but they still seem to be going strong and have many positive reviews on their Facebook. The best thing to do is order some hair from diff suppliers and do some testing of your own.

If you call S58 and leave a message i'm sure they will get back to you. I emailed them yesterday and they are normally very quick at getting back to me but haven't replied yet. I suspect they are away doing training or don't have access to the internet just now.

There's not a single supplier that hasn't had a bad review on here at some point from budget supplier like sjk to high end like tasha jacks and they are all still going, I agree it's best to get samples to test and find out for yourself than just go off reviews as there's been ppl on here slating suppliers and saying "I'd never ever use them again "all because the first order was late? Which to be fair could be due to whatever postage service they use, I don't think there will ever be "the perfect" supplier as hair isn't grown in a lab it's a natural product so there's bound to be bad batches / quality variations etc from time to time.

I have recently started using Studio 58 and have had no problem getting through to them by email and phone, even over the xmas holidays, the hair has been great, better than SJK I found, and delivery is fantastically quick,

I tried emailing yesterday too, with no reply but I will try phoning again and check their training days. I did read so many good reviews on them on here before Xmas. Thanks for all your replies. X

We have had 2 staff members go on Studio58 courses and were really happy !They went on separate training sessions too so we were happy enough the first time round to rebook !
They are very busy so best e mail and leave full contact details and I am sure they will get back to you :)

We have had 2 staff members go on Studio58 courses and were really happy !They went on separate training sessions too so we were happy enough the first time round to rebook !
They are very busy so best e mail and leave full contact details and I am sure they will get back to you :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

They were in Cardiff training yesterday. They are a family run business, small with a personal service, they reply to emails and my facebook messages within a few hours normally and I've just done a removal after 3 months and hair is still nice and this client doesn't even look after her extensions so well! The blondes need extra care but I find that with all brands I've worked with and Indian hair is slightly course and drier naturally so its all about aftercare. I loved their virgin hair and wished they bring that back in for a more middle range budget.

I did two methods with them almost a year ago. The course was really good and I learnt a lot of very useful theory as well.

Their comms was stronger a year ago - I've noticed too that going downhill

The last few months I've struggled to get in touch with them through phone and email and never had a voicemail returned - in the end I give up!! It's just been non urgent things like colour rings updates (one they said they would give me in June and I'm still waiting!!) and aftercare info etc. I've also noticed they haven't returned calls/emails but post on here - that really annoys me!!

It's good their busy but they need an assistant if they are this busy.

I always order and pay online so rarely do need to speak to them - never had a problem with the ordering and hair has always been great.

Fingers crossed you can get through to them because the course is good! They tend not to answer the phone when they are training so check their training dates and that may be a reason.

In the lead up to Christmas particularly it was very, very busy. On this basis we have tried to implement a few things.

We have now recently taken on another member of staff.

We are also this week having an extra phone line so if the phone is busy you will get diverted to the second line.

'Customer service' is always going to be something that no matter how hard you may try you just cannot please everyone all the time.

Case in point - we had an order come through after 2pm yesterday (cut off is 2pm) and the customer has asked this morning if they would receive the order today. When they were told it would be dispatched today due to missing the cut off time - they vowed never to use us again due to our poor customer service - you just can't win in a situation like that.

We do strive to offer as good a service as we can, and are always looking to improve.

Just to add, we emailed Studio 58 yesterday morning about stock levels and we were answered by the afternoon :)

I love s58! Always reply to my messages , emails and even text messages... Even a Sunday at 9pm !! Fantastic hair and a very well run business in my eyes ! Xx

Yeah they were obviously just busy on training or something when I was trying to contact them. I've read so many good things about them and I'm really excited about training with them!! X

Latest posts

Back