Stylist off sick but out nightclubbing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcuts

Reaction score
What would you do?

I'm really upset. My most trusted member & I've gone above & beyond for her.

Any advice please?

What would you do?

I'm really upset. My most trusted member & I've gone above & beyond for her.

Any advice please?

If you are the boss gather evidence and invite her in to explain herself. Arrange a meeting and have a third person not taking.
DO NOT dismiss her or punish her without using proper ACAS guidelines.

Going clubbing whilst being sick maybe a big offence but all may not be what it seems for example how did you find out ?Was it word of mouth or an actual photo time stamped e.t.c

she could have been sick on the day but gone clubbing the next day and come in to work fine. Depends on the sickness also so really get her to clarify.

If you are the boss gather evidence and invite her in to explain herself. Arrange a meeting and have a third person not taking.
DO NOT dismiss her or punish her without using proper ACAS guidelines.

Going clubbing whilst being sick maybe a big offence but all may not be what it seems for example how did you find out ?Was it word of mouth or an actual photo time stamped e.t.c

she could have been sick on the day but gone clubbing the next day and come in to work fine. Depends on the sickness also so really get her to clarify.

She has been signed off for a little while and I adore her she is my most trusted member, we've work together for years but A few days after calling in sick and staying off sick she went clubbing and sadly I have been given time stamped photos and yes it was on a work day when she had been off the whole week. I'm so torn. I am seeking advice tomorrow. I just feel like it's a real kick in the teeth. I don't want to lose her but how do I trust her again is the question. Thanks for your advice.

It also depends what she's off sick for. Depression, sprained wrist, sore toe. Should she be lying in bed poorly? You get my point!

Good luck. This is such a horrible situation.

Vic x

Speak with her face to face and ask for an explanation. Don't make any quick decisions. You can tell her that you will give her your decision later x

If she's off for something like stress or depression I'd be keen for her to let her hair down.

Best to talk to her. X

Was she off all week including the Saturday and then went out on the Saturday night?
Best to speak to her about it and talk it through
If it was at the end of the week and not during work hours she might not think there is a problem, as it wasn't technically during work hours that she was out

Defo need to bring her in for a chat. As said above, if it's something like stress then nothing to say she can't go out. On the other hand, if it's something like a bad back/sickness or the like then no, if you were off that day sick then no you should be at home recuperating.

Was she off all week including the Saturday and then went out on the Saturday night?
Best to speak to her about it and talk it through
If it was at the end of the week and not during work hours she might not think there is a problem, as it wasn't technically during work hours that she was out
She was off all week and went out the Friday night so yes she should have been in the Friday and Saturday but wasn't nor the week after

Well if that's the case then definitely have a talk to her about it, as it isn't acceptable. If I were genuinely ill night clubbing would be the last thing on my mind to go out and do

Latest posts

Back