Quantcast

Su-Do Body Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Tickled Pink!

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
844
Reaction score
16
Location
Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire
I was thinking of adding body art to my services - along with my L&P extensions, i also do freehand nail art, airbrushed art and tanning. I already have the compressor and three guns - can anyone give me any advice. I was thinking of buying a kit from su-do which costs £99.95 plus vat which includes the following:

Su-Do Pro Starter Kit
Great Value deal includes 8 Body Art colours and 44 Body Art stencils and accessories. Fantastic starter kit - This deal does not include an Airbrush. Su-DO recomend the XL2000 airbrush for Body Art.

Has anyone else bought this kit, is it good, is there anything else i should consider?
Thanks
 

Tickled Pink!

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
844
Reaction score
16
Location
Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire
not actually sure this should be in nail art...can anybody help out
 

vicky

Southern Geek
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
28
Location
Bournemouth
That sounds a good price, i paid £155 and got half of what you stated. I get asked loads for body art and do kids parties. Its a good money maker in the summer.
 

Snuggles

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
381
Reaction score
4
Location
northampton
i agree with vicky, i used to do it for just friends for when they were goin out or somert, and now i do my mates,my mates mates and so on, defo a good investment, its good for people who want a realistic tattoo that isnt permanent.
 

angel fingers

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
7,381
Reaction score
234
Location
northampton
check out airbrushbodyart.co.uk, exellent prices and their colours are longer lasting than most, and cheaper ! :cool:
 

emmalouisa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
908
Reaction score
4
Location
essex
hi is that rio airbrush bodyart any good from argos???
 

angel fingers

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
7,381
Reaction score
234
Location
northampton
emmalouisa said:
hi is that rio airbrush bodyart any good from argos???
wouldnt have thought so, coz its powered by a can of air and that makes it hard to control the spray. you see 'em on e-bay all the time saying used only once ! probably better to save your dosh and invest in something a bit better. jmo ;)
 

Teena_B

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
316
Reaction score
3
Location
Norwich
emmalouisa said:
hi is that rio airbrush bodyart any good from argos???
my sister has bought the spray tan version of this, and the spray is totally uncontrollable, really fast spray, I wouldn't think it would be worth buying for professional use, probably ok for just trying on yourself. The airbrush is very basic too, you can get a more advanced one from machine mart for £38. Hope this helps
 

sortedcres

Guest
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
168
Reaction score
4
Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Tickled Pink! said:
I was thinking of adding body art to my services - along with my L&P extensions, i also do freehand nail art, airbrushed art and tanning. I already have the compressor and three guns - can anyone give me any advice. I was thinking of buying a kit from su-do which costs £99.95 plus vat which includes the following:

Su-Do Pro Starter Kit
Great Value deal includes 8 Body Art colours and 44 Body Art stencils and accessories. Fantastic starter kit - This deal does not include an Airbrush. Su-DO recomend the XL2000 airbrush for Body Art.

Has anyone else bought this kit, is it good, is there anything else i should consider?
Thanks
I have just added body art to my services and the response has been marvellous. I am promoting it as a free treatment with a full set, which is great for those who are not keen on nail art. It also gives me a chance to collect photo's for my portfolio.
 

Tickled Pink!

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
844
Reaction score
16
Location
Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire
what body art paints are you using? Are you using the self adhesive stencils or not? Any help you can offer would be great.
many thanks!
 

vicky

Southern Geek
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
28
Location
Bournemouth
I use Medea and Creations paints...i find Medea the better of the two. I use a wide range of Stencils, creative, k-sa-ra even B & Q...lol yes B&Q...When doing a party i charge £20 per hour...thats doing art on 8 kids...the kids love it!

Hope i helped

Vicky x
Tickled Pink! said:
what body art paints are you using? Are you using the self adhesive stencils or not? Any help you can offer would be great.
many thanks!
 

chocolate

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2003
Messages
775
Reaction score
38
Location
Sidcup, Kent
Body art is sooooooooo popular at the mo, great for kids as it comes off in 4 days or so. Yep, i use B and Q, got a great ivy stencil that looks fab down the arms.

The paints should be alcohol based as they last longer on the body than acrylic based. Clense the skin with isopropyl alcohol first, spray away, then seal with setting powder, simple as that!
:D
 

Cathie!

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2004
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
272
Location
South West England
What psi should your compressor be at for body art?
 

vicky

Southern Geek
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
28
Location
Bournemouth
I use between 15 to 20.



nails@42ndstreet said:
What psi should your compressor be at for body art?
 

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
91
Location
Basildon
Hi, I just bought an airbrush and compressor for nail art, do you think this could be used for body art too or would i need a different airbrush? its got a regulator if that helps
Thanks
 

vicky

Southern Geek
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
28
Location
Bournemouth
You can use that one. All you need is body art paints.Youl'l love it..!

Vicky xx

Fakin it said:
Hi, I just bought an airbrush and compressor for nail art, do you think this could be used for body art too or would i need a different airbrush? its got a regulator if that helps
Thanks
 

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
91
Location
Basildon
Great! :) what sort of prices do you charge for the body art? (all excited now lol)
 

Tickled Pink!

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
844
Reaction score
16
Location
Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire
hi there
i rang su-do when i started this thread...they sent me there brochure/prices etc. they suggest charging the following:

Small Design Single Colour 5.00
Medium Design Single Colour 7.00
Large Design Single Colour 9.00
Each extra colour 1.00
Fusion Rocks,each 1.00
in the brochure, it indicates whether a stencil is classed as small medium or large.
hope that helps you!! I can't wait to get started.....
 

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
91
Location
Basildon
Thanks, i'm gonna call them too! Another service to add to my leaflet LOL
 

Latest posts

Top