Substitute for wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

laura grant

Reaction score
hi what is a fantastic substitute for waxing brows instead of actual hot/warm wax , I have tried some products but all crap, like the strips that you put on and pull off thanks in advance

Kyralouise

Reaction score
Hey, depends what you mean. If you're a home user trying to likes of veet and nair, hold off til after lock down and get booked in with a professional.

If you're a pro but can't tolerate waxing pain, maybe there's something wrong with your technique or wax temperature? Brows tend to be the mildest pain for me and my clients. Or look into lasering or threading??

Last edited:

TheDuchess

Reaction score
There are lots of different professional waxes. I have 6 different kinds in my salon, this means that I have wax suitable for sensitive skin, for stubborn hair, for dry skin, and for male pattern hair etc.

if you have a problem with waxing, it may be that you just haven’t found the right product. Alternatives are sugar - but as this is the same principle I’m not sure it would make much difference and it’s tricky to apply around brows and threading.

some people think threading is superior to waxing. I disagree, but my skin really doesn’t like waxing so threading is better for my skin.

if you are doing your own brows, tweezers are your only alternative

RosieR

Reaction score
As a suggestion have you tried automatic tweezers? Before waxing of brows became popular I always relied on a decent set of automatic tweezers. Fast tweezing and very accurate.

TheDuchess

Reaction score
I’ve never tried automatic tweezers. I’ve seen them in use but never understood their appeal. Good to know Rosie, I may invest in a pair.

Latest posts