Summer slimmers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there all you summer slimmers.
I noticed that there haven't been any posts in nearly a week.
I wanted to ask how everyone is getting on with there individual goals.
I am on a bit of a weight loss mission myself, I have always been a size 6 top and 8 bottom but I am currently a 10 top and 12 bottom.
I was aware of things going down hill following a 2nd lot of surgery which involved incisions in my stomach. After this I appeared to have lost the toned flat stomach, I was no bigger I just lost the muscle definition and in it's place there was just a little podge. It wasn't until 12 months after my op when I was put on hormone medication that the weight started to pileon. I managed to control the weight gain for the first 6 months, as soon as I put a bit on I'd crash diet to shift it and then in 2 months I put on 3 stone which left my covered in stretch marks. I came off the hormone medication in October and without changing my diet or anything I've lost about a stone, now I've hit a brick wall, I have started the gym and go two mornings a week however due to being busy at work I've had a few weeks off, back to normal next week. I don't have a bad diet, I don't eat any fried food, my portion sizes are a good size, I like my chocolate but don't over do it and i dont drink fizzy drinks.
Does anyone else struggle to eat three meals a day at reasonable times? I find I'm often too busy to eat during the day and regularly work late which means eating late or not at all. I know this is a real problem, I just don't know the best way around it.
Anyway I've got till October to get the next 2 stones off in time for my wedding. I have to admit that I've always wanted to be a size 12 but it's just not me. I feel sorry for celebs cos when I was an 6/8 everyone use to say I was too thin and I use to get accused of having an eating disorder now I get called fat all the time (my gran can be a real cow about weight) I'm just grateful I don't have the press going on about it too!
I've just realised what a rant I've had, sorry guys!
Best of luck to everyone else! Xxx

Oh sweetheart that's not good is it, are you still on the hormone stuff? And just asking what's your weaknesses as mine is cheese, I know I went on a hormone treatment and I packed on the weight. My ankles always seem to be a little podgy but recently the doctor did put me on a mild water tablet to take the water off me a little as I'm standing allday and getting flooding in the ankles. However I've found now the fluid retention is off I'm feeling loads more energetic the disadvantages is I'm weeing a little more than usual. I'm not for one moment saying that it's fluid with you but my doctor did say we can hold so much extra fluid after hormone treatment. Now summers coming we eat differently and we walk more and sweat more so in the summer we do tend to weigh a little less than the winter months. I defo agree with you though there's to much media pressure on us to look thin especially with professions. My gran says "eh up dok your getting a lovely big bum on you" right in front of a new boyfriend the other day I could killed her so my lovely your not on your own. Your going to look stunning on your wedding day and gaining a fab hubby who loves you for you x

I had been on the tablets cos I have lots of period problems, the hormones were ment to control it but it didn't work and made me put on so much weight so I stopped taking it. I don't want to lose weight to quickly as I know it often goes back on twice as quick. Back to the gym this week and I am also starting kick boxing on Wednesday. I think you right about retaining water, I get fluid on my knees which is worse after a busy day. Without trying to sound nasty I think a lot of the comments have come from people who have always struggled with there weight and are now relishing in my weight gain. I know that I shouldn't let these things get to me but I think this time it has made me want to stick two fingers up to all of them. I wouldn't say I have a weakness food wise, I think most of us have the odd cheese moment. I think it's the irregular eating that makes things a bit harder, I think we're all guilty of cramming our diarys full then not having time for balanced meals. Hopefully it's something that will settle.
Thank you for your kind words. Xx

Ooooh tell me about it! Its kind of difficult to keep the will power when friends want to go to Mc Donalds, but manged just to have a diet coke... hallejuhah :) another day passed! I will be taking up ZUMBA aswell :D can't wait to go hehehe get ma boooty moving! As for a losing weight goal, my doctor says I need to lose 2-3 stone... hmmm I'm not sure I need to lose THAT much, when I was 3 stone lighter I was a pencil. Not great. No energy ect ect. Think eating a bit more rather than less is better, especially when doing treatments! Need a ll the energy! On the shopping list for me is watermelon, weight watchers yoghurts (desert variety), spiach leaves, plum tomatoes, crusty bread, flora, iceland frozen chicken breasts (great in a wrap or in thai stir fry, hobnobs, strawberries, mackerel, quorn sausages/chicken, bacon, eggs, diet coke, pasta 'n' sauce, pears, sherredies. Hope this helps any girlies who need ideas, all I can say is Quorn is so good, so MUCH healthier than red meat for example. By the way Weight Watchers was fab for me, did it last year for a month and lost a stone, now I know how to count the points I don't have to go! Hehe :) do feel squidy though...hoping all my booty shakin to online Zumba vids helps :/ not much of a change so far, haaaaaaaaaaah :( xxxxxxxx soz for the wafflin

Well i ditched slimfast last week i didnt lose a thing:irked: So im going to take the sensible approach and join weightwatchers nxt week get proper support which will hoefully bring results :)

My exercise bike hasn't arrived yet, god damn Argos it's been 28 days.

I have been walking a little more but just been so busy with work haven't got the time or it's too late in evening.

Weight loss not going great, but I have decided I am going to Florida in November so gave myself plenty of time :)

Hope every ones weightloss is going well:green:

Myself i have ditched the slimfast after not losing a single 1lb. SO me and a friend joined weightwatchers this week so far im really enjoing the new points plan :green:

Hope every ones weightloss is going well:green:

Myself i have ditched the slimfast after not losing a single 1lb. SO me and a friend joined weightwatchers this week so far im really enjoing the new points plan :green:

All the girls in work have been talking about the new plan, seems to b receiving good feedback.

Weight watchers is not good for me, exercise 1st then I'll start the diet once I'm in the swing of things.

Good luck let us know about your weigh in :)

is there room for 1 more? :D

today i phoned up the gym and have booked in with a personal trainer for monday. so monday is when i'm starting again. i've put on so much weight over the last few years, it's disgusting. i feel like a big fat dog. gross.

i did do diet chef a couple of months ago and lost a st within a couple of weeks (i was working out with a personal trainer then too) but my gym membership ran out and i was oohing and ahhing about where to go or if to renew at the same place and before i knew it i'd gone off diet chef and started eating bad again :( i don't even know what i weigh now though i'm guessing the same as i was if not more, i'll find out for sure on monday though i guess! so for me it's diet chef and working out at the gym and atleast 1 day a week with a personal trainer.

is there a weigh in day for us slimmers? if so, when? if not, can we set one? i know it would help me if i knew that everybody would know i've put weight on haha x

is there room for 1 more? :D

today i phoned up the gym and have booked in with a personal trainer for monday. so monday is when i'm starting again. i've put on so much weight over the last few years, it's disgusting. i feel like a big fat dog. gross.

i did do diet chef a couple of months ago and lost a st within a couple of weeks (i was working out with a personal trainer then too) but my gym membership ran out and i was oohing and ahhing about where to go or if to renew at the same place and before i knew it i'd gone off diet chef and started eating bad again :( i don't even know what i weigh now though i'm guessing the same as i was if not more, i'll find out for sure on monday though i guess! so for me it's diet chef and working out at the gym and atleast 1 day a week with a personal trainer.

is there a weigh in day for us slimmers? if so, when? if not, can we set one? i know it would help me if i knew that everybody would know i've put weight on haha x

Hi, I'm up for setting a weekly weigh in, might motivate me more. We currently don't have one but think it's a good idea :)

Hi, I'm up for setting a weekly weigh in, might motivate me more. We currently don't have one but think it's a good idea :)

what about a friday weigh in? most of us would be naughty on a weekend surely with going out for drinks and watching britains got talent and just needing to have some yummy food to watch it with? haha that'd give us a week to work off our badness so we don't have to be shamed on sg for not loosing anything haha :D x

what about a friday weigh in? most of us would be naughty on a weekend surely with going out for drinks and watching britains got talent and just needing to have some yummy food to watch it with? haha that'd give us a week to work off our badness so we don't have to be shamed on sg for not loosing anything haha :D x

Grand sounds good with me. Should we start today or next week?

I've just found this post and think a weigh in is a brilliant idea. I'd definitely be up for joining in! I'm not particularly over weight but I need to be at the lower end of my ideal weight bracket as I broke my back 2 years ago and have since put on a stone and my doctors have advised me that even an extra few pounds will cause me more pain. So although people might think I'm at a good weight I would like to be lower to help get rid of some of my pain.

I did ask to join weight watchers as I can't exercise but because I'm not over weight they wouldn't let (i suppose it's so they don't get people going who have eating disorders). My doctor said he'd write them a letter but I'm not gonna bother as they made me feel stupid for asking. I think salon geek slimming could be a great incentive to put the effort in and get some support!

Sorry for the essay xx

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Grand sounds good with me. Should we start today or next week?

sorry i didn't see this until today i'm only starting my diet on sunday/monday so i'd have to join in for next friday (20th) :D hope it gives us all that little extra push! :D x

I've just found this post and think a weigh in is a brilliant idea. I'd definitely be up for joining in! I'm not particularly over weight but I need to be at the lower end of my ideal weight bracket as I broke my back 2 years ago and have since put on a stone and my doctors have advised me that even an extra few pounds will cause me more pain. So although people might think I'm at a good weight I would like to be lower to help get rid of some of my pain.

I did ask to join weight watchers as I can't exercise but because I'm not over weight they wouldn't let (i suppose it's so they don't get people going who have eating disorders). My doctor said he'd write them a letter but I'm not gonna bother as they made me feel stupid for asking. I think salon geek slimming could be a great incentive to put the effort in and get some support!

Sorry for the essay xx

oh golly! i'm so so sorry to hear what happened to you! how did it happen? have you made a full recovery?

who cares what other people think? you do what feels and looks best for you! :) i can't believe ww made you feel stupid! :\ why not try another meeting in your local area? you could always phone up head office and speak to them about what you want... or you could just do the points at home and have your 'weigh in' with us here on a friday and use the money you'd save by not going to a ww meeting to buy yourself something lovely when you reach your ideal weight! :D x

oh golly! i'm so so sorry to hear what happened to you! how did it happen? have you made a full recovery?

who cares what other people think? you do what feels and looks best for you! :) i can't believe ww made you feel stupid! :\ why not try another meeting in your local area? you could always phone up head office and speak to them about what you want... or you could just do the points at home and have your 'weigh in' with us here on a friday and use the money you'd save by not going to a ww meeting to buy yourself something lovely when you reach your ideal weight! :D x

Aww thanx Hun i was in a car crash I ended up with a perforated bowel, burst fracture of the spine and a shattered femur. I'm like the bionic woman now lol. My physio has told me I can try an exercise bike as long as I don't over do it so I'm in the process of trying to get one.

One good thing did come out of everything it made me reassess my life and gave me a push to get in to the beauty industry.

I'm having more surgery on my stomach in July and I've been I need to be at my ideal weight as if I put on or lose weight once I've had it it could cause problems. It'll be really nice to have some support because everyone just usually tells me I look fine but to be honest it's not about how I look it's about making my life less painful!I'm already eating quite healthily so hopefully come next friday I'll have lost a couple of pounds.

I just really wanted to explain my situation first so when I do the weigh in people didn't say I shouldn't be here as I'm not technically over weight.

Good luck to everyone for the comin week. Xx

Aww thanx Hun i was in a car crash I ended up with a perforated bowel, burst fracture of the spine and a shattered femur. I'm like the bionic woman now lol. My physio has told me I can try an exercise bike as long as I don't over do it so I'm in the process of trying to get one.

One good thing did come out of everything it made me reassess my life and gave me a push to get in to the beauty industry.

I'm having more surgery on my stomach in July and I've been I need to be at my ideal weight as if I put on or lose weight once I've had it it could cause problems. It'll be really nice to have some support because everyone just usually tells me I look fine but to be honest it's not about how I look it's about making my life less painful!I'm already eating quite healthily so hopefully come next friday I'll have lost a couple of pounds.

I just really wanted to explain my situation first so when I do the weigh in people didn't say I shouldn't be here as I'm not technically over weight.

Good luck to everyone for the comin week. Xx

it's nobodies business what you weigh or want to weigh, so long as you are happy and healthy then whatever! :D

that sounds like one heck of a crash! good god :\ i hope your next surgery all goes ok for you and you make a super speedy recovery!
x

it's nobodies business what you weigh or want to weigh, so long as you are happy and healthy then whatever! :D

that sounds like one heck of a crash! good god :\ i hope your next surgery all goes ok for you and you make a super speedy recovery!
x

Thank you Hun I only want to lose just over half a stone. It'll be nice to have support from you geeks and I think I'm gonna try do weight watchers without going to the meetings.

Good luck for Friday's weigh in xxx

So today is Friday (weigh in day) I'm not sure what the format is gona b like each week. Are we gona tell each other our weight??

Just weighed myself I am 12st 13lb :( Tune in next week to see if I can lose some lbs :p

I am encouraging all other summer slimmers to join the weekly weigh in ;)

Latest posts

Back