Summer slimmers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh i'm definately trying to lose weight for the summer, I want to lose at least 3 stone!! Time seems to slip away getting closer & closer to summer & before I know it my weightloss has stayed at a measly 7lbs...lol

I would recommend slimming world also. I joined it last year and lost 1 1/2 stone before my holiday, which I was really chuffed with. Came back off holiday and had put a stone on!!!! Really lost motivation after that, I moved away & now I'm heavier than when I started slimming world last year :( I'm currently trying to do slimming world but on my own as I cant really afford slimming world atm.

I almost feel like I'm constantly on a diet of some sort, ever so tiresome & boring after a while lol I think the key is exercise & trying to find something that is cheap & you enjoy!
xxxx

Oh i'm definately trying to lose weight for the summer, I want to lose at least 3 stone!! Time seems to slip away getting closer & closer to summer & before I know it my weightloss has stayed at a measly 7lbs...lol

I would recommend slimming world also. I joined it last year and lost 1 1/2 stone before my holiday, which I was really chuffed with. Came back off holiday and had put a stone on!!!! Really lost motivation after that, I moved away & now I'm heavier than when I started slimming world last year :( I'm currently trying to do slimming world but on my own as I cant really afford slimming world atm.

I almost feel like I'm constantly on a diet of some sort, ever so tiresome & boring after a while lol I think the key is exercise & trying to find something that is cheap & you enjoy!
xxxx

I totally agree with your post! The likes of slimming world and weight watchers make a fortune from us! Although slimming world does help but I can't justify paying that amount of money to stand on a pair of scales! X

for those of you on a budget and want to follow Weight Watchers there is a site i used when i was on it its called www.onemorepound.com and it has all the point values of 99% of foods , i also got my books off ebay for cheap and i was sorted. Im curently not following any diet or plan just now just cutting out the bad stuff and excercising.

Just thort id share that tho xx

Great thread! I am panicking now, need to lose at least 10lbs before my holiday at the end of May, I did slimming world years ago tried it again after my 2nd child and just couldn't do it! and then i did weight watchers and have done that off and on for the last 7 years, decided to ditch that a couple of weeks ago as thay had had enough of my money and tried to do it alone - Failed!! Joined Tesco diets online on wednesday and it is going well so far, also started swimming and am trying to go 3 x a week but hard to fit in work, kids and excercise and a social life!

Great thread! I am panicking now, need to lose at least 10lbs before my holiday at the end of May, I did slimming world years ago tried it again after my 2nd child and just couldn't do it! and then i did weight watchers and have done that off and on for the last 7 years, decided to ditch that a couple of weeks ago as thay had had enough of my money and tried to do it alone - Failed!! Joined Tesco diets online on wednesday and it is going well so far, also started swimming and am trying to go 3 x a week but hard to fit in work, kids and excercise and a social life!

ooo whats tesco diets all about and how much?

If I can loose 12lbs in 5 wks u can loose a stone in 6! But would it cost you to get your bridesmaid dress altered?? Have faith in yourself if you really want it off you will do it x

Thanks hun, feeling so encouraged by ur comment :green: !! Cannot tell u how happy I would be if my bridesmaid dress needed taking in, would pay very very good money for that lol xx

It's the little things that help you to loose weight like sugar in your cup of tea, gradually lower how much sugar you have I used to have two sugars in my tea an now I have one sweetener if I want sugar but I can drink it without sugar.
If u like snacking change them to carrot sticks, celery sticks etc. Have breakfast main meal of the day as this starts off your metabolism.
I have semi skimmed milk,have tried soya an I couldn't drink or have that on cereal so went back to the semi.
Fizzy drinks i always have diet drinks but I don't really drink much of that anymore. Lots of water daily. X

yeah i DEFF agree lots of water can make all the difference , tho sometimes its hard im trying my best to up my water intake as ive been a little dehydrated lately and i retain water which can add pounds to the scales .

So my aim this week is to have 2litres a day, im working out 4-5 times a week so i really need to push myself to drink it otherwise the scales arnt gona budge :cry:

yeah i DEFF agree lots of water can make all the difference , tho sometimes its hard im trying my best to up my water intake as ive been a little dehydrated lately and i retain water which can add pounds to the scales .

So my aim this week is to have 2litres a day, im working out 4-5 times a week so i really need to push myself to drink it otherwise the scales arnt gona budge :cry:

Instead of just looking at your weight on the scales measure you waist as this will show your real progress x

Theres alot of ww and sw on here, i wandered if anyones doing slimfast? or has done it.
Im starting it prperly to morra. I have used it on and off recently and lost maybe about a stone few year back
I like slimsfast as i love milkshake but its disciplined and gets you in a routine.
I used to go to sw and most i lost in 5 weeks was .5pound , i never could get my head round it and i sense that there was far to much freedom for me............i know this sounds silly and im a great believer in everything in moderation and not depriving yourself. But slimfast takes the guilt out for me , like if ive been good with my slimfast all week then if i do have something naughty i dont feel so bad. (not that i should be naughty) as it totally defeats the object HOWEVER i need to be strict over the next 10 week as i really dont have anymore time to waste :eek:

I have done ww lost 5 stone put 4 and half back.

Done slim fast last 7 pounds week one, only lasted one week as was craving solid food.

Now currently eating 3 healthy meals a day, snacking on fruit and yoghurt. One treat day a week and exercising 20mins a day 5 days a week on exercise bike, lost 8lbs in two weeks. only another 2 and half stone to go.

My tip for toning up is to get an exercise bike, I got one exactly a year ago, and my waist has gone from 28 inches to 24! I had quite a bit of bloating and thats all gone now. I do an hour on it every day and I have to say it works wonders!

A friend of mine does slim fast long term by having her weekends diet free! It's worked for her, she lost weight at a nice rate and is managing to keep the weight off!

I have a confession though.............I just found a packet of bourbon biscuits in the cupboard that were desperate to be eaten!! I had to help the poor little beggars out!!

Slap wrist for me, start again tomorrow!!

A friend of mine does slim fast long term by having her weekends diet free! It's worked for her, she lost weight at a nice rate and is managing to keep the weight off!

I have a confession though.............I just found a packet of bourbon biscuits in the cupboard that were desperate to be eaten!! I had to help the poor little beggars out!!

L.O.V.E bourbons!!!!dunked in coffee,amazing :smack:

I wish i could lose weight never seems to shift,tried many diets seems to me i have a life of a very obese women (bmi 38)
sazza x

Hello ladies, this may seem like a strange thing to do, but I have cut coffee down to two cups a day. I was drinking at least 10 cups of coffee with milk and two sugars a day. That has got to be at least a whole pint of milk and 20 teaspoons of sugar. Now if I put a pint of milk infront of me and then put 20 sugars in it everyday and drank it then no wonder I was putting on weight lol. Do you know what I am less tired and irritable and sleeping loads better already. I am also eating slimming world-ish foods. I feel like I have so much more energy already and my mood has improved too. So my slimming tip is to look at what drinks you are drinking not just the foods you ar eating. I also want to lose 3 stones. I would be a healthy weight for my build if I did that! Good luck everyone and keep at it XXXX:hug:

Theres alot of ww and sw on here, i wandered if anyones doing slimfast? or has done it.
Im starting it prperly to morra. I have used it on and off recently and lost maybe about a stone few year back
I like slimsfast as i love milkshake but its disciplined and gets you in a routine.
I used to go to sw and most i lost in 5 weeks was .5pound , i never could get my head round it and i sense that there was far to much freedom for me............i know this sounds silly and im a great believer in everything in moderation and not depriving yourself. But slimfast takes the guilt out for me , like if ive been good with my slimfast all week then if i do have something naughty i dont feel so bad. (not that i should be naughty) as it totally defeats the object HOWEVER i need to be strict over the next 10 week as i really dont have anymore time to waste :eek:

I have been on and off with Slim fast for a few months now. I do actually quite like it but the side effects were quite bad.

I am down to 10st now from 10st 6lb

Those of you that havent done SW for a while should check it out again, it has changed sooooo much since I last did it! You can now have meat and pasta, potatoes etc on the same plate and its all FREE, I used to struggle to put a meal together unless I was using Quorn but it is so much easier now! :green:

So why do I still find it so hard to stick with it??? :irked:

Hello ladies, this may seem like a strange thing to do, but I have cut coffee down to two cups a day. I was drinking at least 10 cups of coffee with milk and two sugars a day. That has got to be at least a whole pint of milk and 20 teaspoons of sugar. Now if I put a pint of milk infront of me and then put 20 sugars in it everyday and drank it then no wonder I was putting on weight lol. Do you know what I am less tired and irritable and sleeping loads better already. I am also eating slimming world-ish foods. I feel like I have so much more energy already and my mood has improved too. So my slimming tip is to look at what drinks you are drinking not just the foods you ar eating. I also want to lose 3 stones. I would be a healthy weight for my build if I did that! Good luck everyone and keep at it XXXX:hug:

Hi sarah me to i have been cutting down my caffiene, i used to drink alot of tea, started drinking energy drinks or taking affiene tablets for a bit boost when i exercised but i always felt drained few hours after. Ive cut it right down unfortuantly though,I havent felt well past few days really drained , im not sure if ive been dehydrated or i might be a little aneamic but i will see the doc if it carrys on. But also maybe the withdrawl from the caffiene but one thing for deff ive gave my bladder feels less irritable ,but cant wait to start feeling less tired :) im drinking lots of water

Haha love it but we all do it sometimes, im on day 2 of slimfast and finding it okay i will let you all know if i loose this week

Latest posts

Back