Sun cream causing lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezzabelle

Reaction score
Hi

I did a full set of glitter acrylics on myself about 10 days ago and over the Bank Holiday weekend used some factor 30 suncream. A couple of days later I noticed my nails starting to lift (this has not happened before:eek:). A few more days later both index finger nails came off totally.

Has anyone else experienced this and can you suggest a high factor cream that does not have this effect. I used Morrisons own brand, which I must say was excellent as protection against the sun but crap on my nails.

Thanks

Carole

hi - I use Bio Sculpture Gel and they do warn against using Sun Cream - as will cause lifting - so is prob the cause of yours.

Hope that helps. :)

Hi I just got back from 2 weeks in Spain and was using boots homebrand factor 25 and 50 daily (slapping it ll over my son! lol ) I havent had any probs with lifting, the cream was good but all of my nails did turn yellow...and they got worse as the hol went on...I can only think it must be the suncream but not sure!

Hi, the lotion could be a factor. The only problem I have had with sunscreen lotions is discolouration in the nails....:cry:

Latest posts

Back