Sun laboratories - experts HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luce

Reaction score
Hi i work with sun laboritries and have been spraying for a year. People have had them to go on hols with. Or have gone swimming in local pools and never had complaints. Although they have never told me it was fine either:irked: Then after booking my holiday a friend said when she had a spray tan to go on holiday(not sun labs.) One dunk in the pool and she looked horrendous :eek: not only do i need to no if this happens for my clients but i cant go on holiday with my white legs and have little boy so cant avoid the pool can any one enlighten me? xxx thanks xxx
:)

Hi i work with sun laboritries and have been spraying for a year. People have had them to go on hols with. Or have gone swimming in local pools and never had complaints. Although they have never told me it was fine either:irked: Then after booking my holiday a friend said when she had a spray tan to go on holiday(not sun labs.) One dunk in the pool and she looked horrendous :eek: not only do i need to no if this happens for my clients but i cant go on holiday with my white legs and have little boy so cant avoid the pool can any one enlighten me? xxx thanks xxx
:)

Swimming pools abroad are either salt water or fresh water with chlorine......

Unfortunately swimming pools and fake tans arent the best partners and especially with chlorine will have a tendency to strip a tan leaving it patchy in places.

Different peoples skins react differntly to these hostile enviroments and the best way(apart from not taking a dip) is to

1) ensure your skin is especially exfoliated before the spray tan application before the holiday...make sure you take additional care in moisturising twice a day at least to keep the skin at its optimum position.

2) if you are planning to go for a dip...take a moisturiser that contains a DHA content (not a Boots one but a professional one)and use this as many times during the day/eve as possible...the moisturiser will help lock in the tan,keep the skin healthy and subtle and the DHA content will help to replace any lost tan.

HTH :hug:

Hiya I use sun labs too. When I did my training with them, they told us to recommend that people who are going on holiday should have their tan done a few days before so this doesn't happen. They have DHA in their solution so I think that's why it's fine in pools.

Best thing to do though is call Sun Labs. They are really helpful and will tell you best way to remedy this.

XX

hi, i went on holiday with a spray tan (not sun labs) and was in the pool most days as was so hot! my tan was fine but my friends went horriable so think it depens how u look after it and skin types.

I use sun labs got my tan one thursday night went on a spa weekend on friday and spent the weekend in the pool and still had my tan at then end of the weekend.

There are a lot of factors with tanning and how well it stay on peoples skin even without the added pool situation.

If I was you I would tan before going and exfoliate using an express tan from sunlabs every could of days to keep the tan. The express tan from sunlabs is a very good way of keeping your tan topped through your holiday.

nks everyone for your help ful advice your all stars x

Latest posts

Back