Sunbed extraction - help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy.locket02

Reaction score
hi i really need some help? does anyone have just one sunbed in their salon? what do we need for health and safety/law etc for extraction for the sunbed? the sunbed i have is a stand up with a fan on the top, it is going into a small cubical built with plasterboards from floor to ceiling! do i need extraction ducting going into the suspened ceiling, or does it need to go through the wall and out of the shop? or is there something reaaly simple i could do? please help i really dont want health and safety coming and stopping me from opening my salon soon! thanks lucy xx

Hi

Just sent you a Pm

TT :lol:

Lucy

contact TSA (The sunbed association) 01494 785941 they will give you all the info on regulations ..they can also assist you in getting insurance:hug:

In most sunbed brochures there is a table showing the minimum cubicle size. The walls around my sunbeds do not go up to the ceiling so the air can circulate above. I have also recently had a small vent put into the bottom of the door on each cubicle. If the salon has a false lowered ceiling it can get quite hot in the salon so I have replaed some of the ceiling tiles with open ones to let the exess heat escape into the void above the false ceiling. As far as I'm aware there arent any strict rules and regulations but you want to be comfortable working in there and obviously dont want the sunbeds to get too hot to use. Hope this helps pm me if you need any further information
Diane

Sorry forgot to mention - the lie down bed has a large tube from behind the bed which is vented out throught the wall - (similar to a tumble drier). this is behind the bed so not too unsightly. The engineer who installs your bed will do this for you. I also open the windows in mid summer to let excess heat escape.
Diane

thankyou so much lucy xx

Latest posts

Back