Sunbeds advice/help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She doesn't need approval from you.

No but im sure she will appreciate the nhs helping her if she gets a skin condition

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

If your burning after 4 mins sumbeds may not be the way forward for you. Ask what wattage the tubes are. 180watt 0.3 compliant are the beds that are classed as legal.
I have red hair & use a 0.3 180 watt collatan bed. I do 8 mins twice a week & have never burned on it. If the beds are 225 watt they arent suitable for your skin type x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

It really varies from person to person dependent on your natural skin type. Do you get a tan naturally when in holiday in the sun? If you tend to just burn then you are unlikely to ever go really brown and are best sticking to the 3 mins a few sessions a week just to give yourself a healthy glow. You can also buy tan moisturisers that have extenders in them to use at home which will deepen and prolong the tan, maybe try those. Pro tan do one in a big pink bottle. If you have tan lines, it is definatly working and maybe another few weeks of sessions you will feel its more noticeable. It's always good to build it slowly though, don't get carried away with it, it's easy to get hooked on them as the vitamin d does make u feel better! I don't think I could cope with 15 mins and I tan easy! Haven't been to sidcup high street in a while so don't know the one u mentioned but pop in and get a feel for the place. Personally I like the stand ups as can't bear the feeling of lying in a puddle of sweat but it is boring, I do a few squats to pass the time! I used to like having a little powernap on the lay downs!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

As I remember I would tan while on holiday, would burn with out putting SPF on and if I spent ages sat out in the sun. My arms , chest , face and middle body are tanning. Just having trouble with my legs and underneath of my arms. I put aftersun on with a pro long tan stuff it ( pizz buin one in a green bottle ). Am going to the salon later today and wi have a better look at the bed after my tanning session. The girl who did 15 mins was over tanned similar to tan mum in America who was addicted to tanning. Got about 19 mins left on my course so may as well use them up and going to put my protan on before I leave the house as don't get much time to put it on there. After my course I will try a stand up bed.

If your burning after 4 mins sumbeds may not be the way forward for you. Ask what wattage the tubes are. 180watt 0.3 compliant are the beds that are classed as legal.
I have red hair & use a 0.3 180 watt collatan bed. I do 8 mins twice a week & have never burned on it. If the beds are 225 watt they arent suitable for your skin type x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I am going to try and find out what tubes they use later, last time I asked the lady didn't have a clue and just said new ones had been fitted few months ago. I go red about 6 hours after I've had the session and skin is hot, usually by the next day it has gone down. But how do I turn if I am fully burning. I've had full on sun burn once or twice that took few days to go down when I was in my early 20s. But never burn loads when I was a kid.
What's your natural skin tone?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405342027.460761.jpg

these are the tubes from the sunbed and also a pic of the bed itself ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405342094.675202.jpg

went to the salon down street and they use 225 tubes (stand up) but can only do 3 or 6 mins and so on. Got one more salon to check out now. Which I have spoken to before, just need to find out what bulbs they use.

The salon I use have another bed but that one makes me burn on 4 mins somehow need to find out what tubes are in that one.

As I remember I would tan while on holiday, would burn with out putting SPF on and if I spent ages sat out in the sun. My arms , chest , face and middle body are tanning. Just having trouble with my legs and underneath of my arms. I put aftersun on with a pro long tan stuff it ( pizz buin one in a green bottle ). Am going to the salon later today and wi have a better look at the bed after my tanning session. The girl who did 15 mins was over tanned similar to tan mum in America who was addicted to tanning. Got about 19 mins left on my course so may as well use them up and going to put my protan on before I leave the house as don't get much time to put it on there. After my course I will try a stand up bed.

I don't usually get annoyed but your flippant attitude really angers me.

Your skin is trying to tell you something and you just keep going! It's ridiculous. Obviously you cannot tan yet you keep going not caring what is going on.

Yes, you may say whatever, but people like you cost the tax payer money.

Why don't you learn from this and stick to self tanning or spray tans before it's too late.

Surrey Girl through and through x

I don't usually get annoyed but your flippant attitude really angers me.

Your skin is trying to tell you something and you just keep going! It's ridiculous. Obviously you cannot tan yet you keep going not caring what is going on.

Yes, you may say whatever, but people like you cost the tax payer money.

Why don't you learn from this and stick to self tanning or spray tans before it's too late.

Surrey Girl through and through x

Coming from a smoker? Irony at its best.

OP. I actually agree with the point that if you are burning on a sunbed then they really are not for you. Being burned just once can increase your risk of Skin Cancer significantly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Coming from a smoker? Irony at its best.

OP. I actually agree with the point that if you are burning on a sunbed then they really are not for you. Being burned just once can increase your risk of Skin Cancer significantly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Fair play but i pay for my healthcare (Bupa)

so pro tan is a lower end product but fairly good. You will tan better having something on your skin compared to nothing. Your skin type will take twice as many sessions as long as a skin type three to get a nice base tan. Usually people see results after 4 sessions, but if you are a skin type 2 it can easily take more than 8 sessions. Build it up slowly. (without knowing if the OP poster without her filling out a Fitzpatrick scale of skin type to suggest that is in fact a skin type 2.)

In terms of good advice, i would suggest that a good sunbed salon (like myself!) offer you advice on forms, monitor your mins, ensure eye protection is worn and highly advise the use of sunbed accelerators. I stock Australian gold and its a indoor & outdoor cream which is fab for going abroad or sitting in the garden! hths xoxo

I highly doubt that.

Lets not get into a discussion on who has or hasn't got private healthcare.....move along folks.

Your underarms aren't tanning due to using a lie-down. I'd recommend trying a stand-up sunbed but decrease your time on it in comparison to the lie-down. I'd highly recommend Australian Gold Dark Tanning Accelerator. They also do one for your legs called Dark Legs which is amazing. Plenty of moisturiser after each Sunbed session and shower is also key! More moisture in your skin, more you'll absorb the UV rays. I also stock various tan extenders - ProTan Perfectly Pink, Tannymax BeYouTy, Australian Gold Mpisture Lock and Australian Gold Forever After.
If you need any advice, feel free to message me.
It's such a shame you're not close to my salon as we're key on advising and majority of our customers are always asking us questions. You should feel comfortable where you're visiting and not feel like you can't approach them, after all you are paying to use the service.
The fact you are getting tan lines shows you are seeing a difference, just don't over-do it.

I use Lily's Nails sunbeds in Welling, or Soliel in Welling.. I know you said sidcup but it's not too far? I use either ProTan seriously black or zap and go on for 12 mins once a week and i tan really well x

I use Lily's Nails sunbeds in Welling, or Soliel in Welling.. I know you said sidcup but it's not too far? I use either ProTan seriously black or zap and go on for 12 mins once a week and i tan really well x

😱 12 mins?! You are brave ... I go on for six mins twice a week, tan great. But everytime I get out I feel as though I'm going to pass out, feel really sick & shaky and go really pale. I definitely wouldn't be able to last 12 mins lol

Latest posts

Back