Sunbeds or not??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodipodi

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, for those of you who have sunbeds in your salon-
Are sunbeds still as popular as they once were?
Whats the average monthly lease price on a decent one and do you find they warrant the cost of leasing them?
Are there more popular times of the year?
Do you think it depends on the area youre in?
Just basically want to know if theyre worth it!?
Thanks guys xx:hug:

I have one vertical sunbed in the salon,
last year it was mad, i had people queuing out of the door to use it but this year it has only been used a handful of times (mostly by me :smack:)
i own mine so don't know about the lease charges but i would definitely say they are not so popular this year compared to last year hth

Thanx Loubylou, had a feeling you'd say that,seems we are alot wiser and kinder to our bods this year! I remember when I was a bed basher,it got very addictive and pretty expensive-couldve had a flippin holiday out of the money I spent on sunbeds!! lol x

I have a stand up and lay down bed. I have to say people still use sunbeds even though they are not good for us.

I lease both my beds and i am already making money from the use of them. You tend to make your money on the creams you sell as the margins are very good.

I don't think Sunbeds have had it, people still use them and will continue to.

Just make sure you get a

Decent bed
Lease them as its a better option
Good location
Pricing and offers on courses

Good luck, if you need anymore info let me know

XX

Thanks hun,the shop in question is in a prime location for them-main street(not a town centre though) has a variety of shops such as bakers, sainsburys, launderette-about 10/15 units I think so thats good,loads of parking and NO sunbeds close by!
Just wondering how much does it cost to get phase 3 electric in? Do you have to pay a deposit for the beds or can you just lease straight away and do you really think Id cover the lease cost in winter though-its about 200pmonth isnt it?

Even given bad publicity over the last 5 years there are never the less many customers who wish to utilise sunbeds and if your in the right area you should do well.

The hot spots in in the UK (forgive the pun) are Manchester/Liverpool(by far the biggest consumers) followed by North east,then the mid band of Scotland(Glasgow/Edinburgh)

Birmingham and London are relatively low consumers compared to the above areas.

If you are looking at sunbeds ..make sure you shop around and dont just go for the most expensive machine ..think ,research and negociate..there are some good deals to be had out there
Good luck

You will do okay then, you will need to stay open late so you get all kinds of people in.

We did not have to pay a depoist on the beds just set a DD up and pay each month i think we are paying £39.00 a week plus vat for each bed. It might be worth you just getting 1 bed for now and see how it all goes, As you have to cover the cost of electric and rental on the machine before you make any money.

I had a nightmare with my electrics its all sorted now but in total i paid about £950 to get all sorted. It should only cost i think approx £450 but we had lots of issues.

PM if you want more information, Be good to know what you end up doing.

Have a look at epcot, Peak Sunbeds and Sunquest they have some great offers on at the moment as well.

X

I was recently talking to someone who own's a Sunbed shop. He said he only uses sunbeds and not spray tanning as the bed industry is regulated whereas spray tanning isn't which I thought was an interesting approach.

His beds are very popular, and one of the most important things to do when looking to take on a sunbed is research, research and more research! Not just in the bed you get, but also the bulbs you use - UV, or UV and InfraRed? Which makes of bulbs etc.

Something I'd never thought about with sunbeds is the medical benefit clients can also get, for example those who suffer from Psoriasis can find a real benefit from their use.

Mat

Thanks peeps, I know theyre arent as popular but thought thered be some areas that still use them frequently. I still see a few near me with a constant tan so must be some want for them still-is it not better to have two,one flat one stand so that people actually use yours instead of a sunbed only solarium? xx

This is how i see it!!
Smoking and drinking bad for you!! but people still smoke and drink!!!

Sunbeds are bad for you, but people still get recommended to use them by the doc!

or oily skin people use them to dry there skin, and help to prevent spots!

:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back