Sunkissed blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren21

Reaction score
I have a client who naturally is a level 5 virgin hair and wants sunkissed blonde highlights. I use Wella colour so was going to bleach with 12% and maybe highlift tint 12/11 or 12/89. The bleach will probably need a toner so any suggestions and any other ideas on a good high lift colour for the natural base colour 5. Thanks in advance:)

Hi lauren, the bleached ones may not need toning as you may get it up to a nice pale creamy blonde with the bleach
or if they have a tiny bit of yellow in you could use a 0/6 in sliver colour fresh for toning the bleached ones afterwards
and it won't affect the other hair , :hug: x minky

it really depends if your client wants a natural summery blonde colour or if she wants a more artificial blonde . with the colours you have suggested will give alot of lift and the client may have a problem with regrowth after a couple of sets , depending of the ratio of h/l to bleach . Id probably do either 2 h/l to 1 bleach or mix another shade in there somewhere to help blend the regrowth in more .
Id also choose a toner depending on the clients skintone , you may get away with leaving it .

Thanks for your quick replies. Trouble is what a clients says and what she wants can be 2 different things. Cos of her natural level I have explained about the regrowth and she is happy with that. Wanted to use a highlift that didn't come out to warm. Will do some test pieces first:)

i think 12/11 has more of a strong ash than 12/89 and if its virgin hair, theres nothing to stop you adding a little ash mixtone in as well x

bleach and 12% isnt that a bit over kill for a. virgin hair and b. sunkissed highlights? to me a sunkissed highlight is a barely their kinda look. . lol. mabye she is using the wrong descriptive words? x

Hi, you could perhaps use a sprinkle of bleach with a highlift for the lightest ones instead of just bleach... or just lower the peroxide vol , as you say you could do some test pieces too ,
I agree that 12/11 will be good for cooler coloured highlights on a level 5 too
I think lianas 2 to one colour combo is a good idea too

let us know how you get on ? :hug:

Thanks. Will do some test pieces tomorrow. Client has now shown me a picture of Victoria Beckham when she had her bob its pretty blonde with slices on the top so think I will def need the bleach. Maybe sunkissed not the right word!! Let you know how it goes:hug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back