supersize me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzi

Reaction score
Hiya,

Well supersize me has just finished on channel four (i missed the cionema showing). Has anyone else seen this? It is disgusting to think that you could gain almost two stones in a month just by eating junk food. His doctors also told him that he could get really, really ill.

Whatcha think?

i missed this - what is it

I missed it too. Got to watch it though!
This guy eats McDonalds for a whole month- breakfast, lunch and tea. Ive been told he could have died cos of the lack of nutrients etc and his organs would have gave up. Scary!

sambam said:
I missed it too. Got to watch it though!
This guy eats McDonalds for a whole month- breakfast, lunch and tea. Ive been told he could have died cos of the lack of nutrients etc and his organs would have gave up. Scary!

crikey - i couldnt and wouldnt do that if i was paid to do it

Yeah I watched this a while back on video. Shocking stuff, didn't it damage his kidneys or something? The bit where they went into the schools was pretty shocking too. It's no wonder there are so many overweight kids when they are eating (or in some cases not eating) all that processed rubbish in school. I have to say this film made me sick just watching it & I swore I'd never eat MacDonalds again...didn't last very long!

I know what you mean about when he went to the schools - there was one kid in particular who just had an entire tray (or small mountain!) of crap, sweets crisps, cokes, etc.

It damaged his liver and all of his doctors, and in particular his nutritionist, were all telling him to stop. He should have been eating 2500 calories a day to maintain weight, he was averaging just under 5000! As I said, he gained 25 lbs, just under two stones.

It does make you think

Yeah this was so gross to watch, apparently the amount of junk food he had in one month is what an average person has in eight years!!!!!

Really scary!!!

Eww, the bit when it made him sick & he just didn't want to eat any more. Then a day or so later he was enjoying it again!

Oh & I've just remembered about his poor wife! Wasn't she vegan??

nicjill said:
Oh & I've just remembered about his poor wife! Wasn't she vegan??
Yea! She was a vegan chef and after his binge, all he ate was vegan food for about 2 months, lol.

He actually became addicted to it, he felt good when eating it and got horrible headaches when he didn't.

I certainly couldn't have kept it up.

I watched it and here are my veiws

It was absolutly disgusting..........how many of us eat and feed our children McDonalds Burger King and KFC???????

The guy ate nothing but McDonalds for a month and on the first day it took him 22 mins to eat a Big Mac Meal (supersized) then threw it all back up and he felt so ill.......when he went to the McDonalds and they asked if he wanted to supersize he had to say yes, he couldnt refuse............

He started the programme very healthy and fit and after 1 month he put on 17lbs, his cholesteral was up infact he was quite unwell, lothargic and grumpy!!!!!!!!Let alone leading to the onset of diabetes and heart problems
icon_eek.gif

It has really made me think about treating my kids to this sort of a meal, even if its just once a month........there is no nutricianal value whatsoever in any sort of McDonalds meal, even the salads contain sugar!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way on earth i will be taking my children to any fast food resturaunts ever!!!

In the USA around 60% of the population is obese and regulary eat fast food
icon_eek.gif

Makes ya think dont it guys!!!!!!!

Amanda

i remember when they stopped the supersize and started bringing out salads (that contain more fat than a big mac with the dressing and all!) but mc.donalds said it had nothing to do with the film!
x

yes i watched it too, and there,s me thinking that having a macky d salad is the healthy option.
the most worrying thing to me is not the weight gain as that was inevatable really its his liver function test results........thats the shocker that it can do just as much damage as alcohol if not more.
and like lilly says makes you think twice about feeding your kids it even just as an occasional treat..........after recent advertising saying that chicken nuggets where now "healthier" :rolleyes:

I think do everything in moderation, I mean who would eat this crap all the time (I wouldn't). The thing is kids will follow our example if we set them up with good balance diets they will follow this for life :cool:

Latest posts

Back