Suppliers of salon supplies & equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salonium

Reaction score
Dear Geeks!

I'm trying to come up with a list of largest (best?) suppliers of consumables and equipment for salons and self-employed professionals.

I'm aware of Sally Salon Services, Salons Direct, Beauty Express, Ellisons and some others. But how can I find who're on UK Top 10 list?

Thanks for your comments or help!
Martin
http://salonium.com

Hi Martin,

Sorry I can't help on where to get a Top 10 list, but just to point out something I'm sure you already know, largest definitely doesn't = best in all cases.

Where I can I use a local independent wholesaler every time above those you've listed. What I can't get off the shelf, where they can they find it for me, price match VAT free, take time out to know what I need, offer a delivery service free regardless of order value and make a mean cup of coffee every time I go in!

Don't know what you're compiling your list for, but that might be of some use.

Hi Martin,

Sorry I can't help on where to get a Top 10 list, but just to point out something I'm sure you already know, largest definitely doesn't = best in all cases.

Where I can I use a local independent wholesaler every time above those you've listed. What I can't get off the shelf, where they can they find it for me, price match VAT free, take time out to know what I need, offer a delivery service free regardless of order value and make a mean cup of coffee every time I go in!

Don't know what you're compiling your list for, but that might be of some use.

Wow! which wholesalers do you go to?:)

Wow! which wholesalers do you go to?:)

Lol - they honestly are fantastic! Just won a national award from Rand Rocket as well, not bad given they're only 2 year old!!!

xx

ps... waiting to get their website up and running as well so online orders can be taken nationally - unfortunately don't think they'll deliver the coffee with it ;) xx

Lol - they honestly are fantastic! Just won a national award from Rand Rocket as well, not bad given they're only 2 year old!!!

xx

ps... waiting to get their website up and running as well so online orders can be taken nationally - unfortunately don't think they'll deliver the coffee with it ;) xx

Ohh Tracy which company? where is it?
Kizzy

Ohh Tracy which company? where is it?
Kizzy

Hi Kizzy

It's Hair North East and they're at Kingston Park, next to the Metro and the huge Tesco - see Julie or Louise, they are brilliant!

xx

Hi Kizzy

It's Hair North East and they're at Kingston Park, next to the Metro and the huge Tesco - see Julie or Louise, they are brilliant!

xx

OOh excellent, Ill have to go and have a look, do they sell all beauty supplies? or is it just hair items? Its always detremental to my pocket when i find a new wholesalers. Next target on my list is Sallys on Team Valley lol

OOh excellent, Ill have to go and have a look, do they sell all beauty supplies? or is it just hair items? Its always detremental to my pocket when i find a new wholesalers. Next target on my list is Sallys on Team Valley lol

Yep, the sell all the beauty supplies too. My downfall is the lush range of lashes they have right by the front door!!! I'm addicted to the Liz Martin ones at the minute.... so natural for falsies!
xx

ps - they're baaaaaad... they open Sat and Suns as well, wet sunday lunchtimes I usually go shopping there! Very hurtful on the purse strings! ha xx

Here's my list of brilliant suppliers:

House of famuir - excellent products and even better customer service. I bought my apilus electrolysis machine, my electronic couch, my therapist chair, my vitaderm microcurent machine from them. They also offer interest free payment plans for the big bits of kit.

Ellisons - comprehensive range of unbranded consumables like couch roll, cotton wool pads, and the very, very best lint free nail wipes. I also get some CND bits from them because they offer free delivery over £50.

Sweet squared - for all things CND. Free delivery for web orders over £125

Majestic towels - comprehensive range of towels and disposables. Very good quality too.

The essential oil company - all things aromatherapy. Sue makes me coffee every time I go and she is the loveliest lady imaginable. Her essential oils are without doubt the best quality of any I've found in 18 years of aromatherapy practice.

Ok so it's only 5, but it's all about quality, not quantity, ain't it!

Latest posts

Back