Swarovski Crystals/no shine!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo@Vogue

Reaction score
Hi, please help me?

I am very new to this site, and the industry, so bare with me x

I have bought the Swarovski cystals today from S2, and the gorgeous and really helpful girl helped me out, and suggested I Silver minx, use gel bond and stick individually.

I thought I had bought silver Minx, but it was gold, so I used a silver polish?

I then stuck the crystals on with the glue. They were all looking great, but then I noticed they went very dull, had no shine?

Why is this I was very careful with my application......I have since put an opi clear over the top which has brought a little shine back, these are on my toes, as I was experimenting, but I wouldn't have been happy charging for this,
Any idea's what I did wrong? xx

Thanks in advance x

If you hadn't put anything over the crystals before they started to go dull, and you have said you were glueing them, I might wonder if you had got any adhesive on the top of them?
Nail adhesive dulls when dry, so that's just my guess x

Hi, please help me?

I am very new to this site, and the industry, so bare with me x

I have bought the Swarovski cystals today from S2, and the gorgeous and really helpful girl helped me out, and suggested I Silver minx, use gel bond and stick individually.

I thought I had bought silver Minx, but it was gold, so I used a silver polish?

I then stuck the crystals on with the glue. They were all looking great, but then I noticed they went very dull, had no shine?

Why is this I was very careful with my application......I have since put an opi clear over the top which has brought a little shine back, these are on my toes, as I was experimenting, but I wouldn't have been happy charging for this,
Any idea's what I did wrong? xx

Thanks in advance x

When you say they went dull ...in what way ? Did you get any adhesive over the crystals maybe ? x

Hi, Thanks for the replies ladies....I didn't think I got the glue on them but maybe I did if this could be the only explanation.......I tried very hard not to, but I will have to re assess again I think, and try harder!! x

Not sure what adhesive you are using , but if you are using Gel Bond from CND a little goes a very long way - so it could be as simple as you have used too much x

yes its gel bond, I will reduce it next time, Thank you x

What tool did you use to actually place the crystals onto the nail? x

Use a cotton bud soaked in acetone and carefully wipe over the crystals upon finishing the application x

The first time i used gel bond and swarovskis mine dulled a little but i know i got gelbond on them, i think you will find on the next set you will be fine :) just be extra carefull with the gelbond!! I dont have any problems now i have the hang of it :)

Latest posts

Back