Swarovski pedicure with resin & activator

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemied

Reaction score
Hi all

I have done a swarovski pedicure on myself (well both of my big toes!). I set the crystals in some Gelish Structure gel, and they looked gorgeous and sparkly. Then I lost one within a couple of hours, so I decided to coat in a thin layer Gelish top coat for extra protection. They still look pretty but the sparkle has gone :sad:. I have read loads of threads saying that resin and activator works well. Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?? I have never used these products before, does the glue not set until you spray on the activator? Do you spray the activator then apply the crystals or apply all crystals then activate? Won't that mean the glue under the crystals won't dry? Sorry for all the questions, just a bit confused!

I still plan to use Gelish underneath so that they can be soaked off, but want something that keeps them well stuck without needing top coat of some sort!

Many thanks

xxx

I've done exactly the same my big toes with shellac & resin, after the shellac I applied a little bit of resin and a few crystals at a time as it goes sticky & dries, when I finished all of the toe I sprayed on the activator it then sets hard then filed the side walls as there was a little resin overspill, 2 weeks on still got all of the crystals! I would post a pic if I knew how lol! The best thing is nothing is placed over so no loss of sparkle:D

Latest posts

Back