Sweet Squared - Dashing Diva

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrogers

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have just noticed on the sweet squared Facebook page that dashing diva is making a return!

I was just wondering everyone's opinions on the products? I have only used the French wraps once but with not much success... Any hints and tips would be great!

Jody

Personally I hate them, bought them at beauty UK last year and they were an absolute faff. I had the French wraps and the metallic toes.

Took just as long if not longer than a Shellac French to do because of all the sizing you had to do before hand etc. I'd much rather do a French free hand and that's saying something. I don't like French at all, I lack confidence in it but whenever I've been asked for it clients are always over the moon.

Xx

The wraps work well for many and full instructions are on the link. THere are other cool things available from DD as well as the wraps!! Take a look. Not everyone can paint a good French Manicure and if you use the system they work well and take the anxiety away.

THey are not for all techs, but many love them and shouldn't be made to feel 2nd rate if they use them. Just saying and not pointing any fingers!

Anyway, Sweet Squared now have them back in their capable hands for those who love them or want to try them out. Things have improved since they first came out and they were very popular then with many technicians. Have fun and take a look at the new things on offer. x

The wraps work well for many and full instructions are on the link. THere are other cool things available from DD as well as the wraps!! Take a look. Not everyone can paint a good French Manicure and if you use the system they work well and take the anxiety away.

THey are not for all techs, but many love them and shouldn't be made to feel 2nd rate if they use them. Just saying and not pointing any fingers!

Anyway, Sweet Squared now have them back in their capable hands for those who love them or want to try them out. Things have improved since they first came out and they were very popular then with many technicians. Have fun and take a look at the new things on offer. x

Looking forward to it Geeg!
I only used the French manicure once on my mum bit didn't combine shellac or smoothing with it. With the new products available it may last much better although I like to think I can paint a perfectly good French without them :) always good to have options for clients!

Great news, I like them with shellac, and easier to apply to my own fingers instead of painting free hand :)

I've never tried them. Are they similar to minx? xx

Last edited:
In all fairness I was given the worst instructions and customer service ever when I bought mine. Who knows if I played around now I might like them but they were such a faff and doesn't help that I can be really cack handed at times lol x

These look fab ? I wonder if they can have shellac applied over them instead if their products ?

These look fab ? I wonder if they can have shellac applied over them instead if their products ?

Yeah I use with shellac. And once you get to grips with sizing them up etc, they are quite easy to apply. I think they work better with shellac than polish personally. Not so keen on the coloured ones but then I am pretty boring :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374178909.829735.jpg This is my first set on my own stumpy nails before I grew them with shellac. Hopefully with shellac or smoothing gel they will lay much longer!! With DD own products they didn't seem very strong - looking forward to trying them though :) and my clients love anything new! Haha

View attachment 38620 This is my first set on my own stumpy nails before I grew them with shellac. Hopefully with shellac or smoothing gel they will lay much longer!! With DD own products they didn't seem very strong - looking forward to trying them though :) and my clients love anything new! Haha

They last much longer with shellac :)

In all fairness I was given the worst instructions and customer service ever when I bought mine. Who knows if I played around now I might like them but they were such a faff and doesn't help that I can be really cack handed at times lol x

Well I hope it is clear to all that that customer service was NOT from S2!!! :green:

With shellac I do this, correct me if its the wrong way:

Pep nails
Lightly remove shine of tip only
Scrubfresh
Glue band onto nail
Remove applicator
Apply base coat, cure 10secs
Colour, cure 2mins (looks nice with moonlight and roses)
Top coat, cure 2mins

Well I hope it is clear to all that that customer service was NOT from S2!!! :green:

No it definitely wasn't s2, I know they'd have sorted any problems I was having straight away. I might actually give them another go, my daughter loved them on her nails (she's 10) xx

With shellac I do this, correct me if its the wrong way:

Pep nails
Lightly remove shine of tip only
Scrubfresh
Glue band onto nail
Remove applicator
Apply base coat, cure 10secs
Colour, cure 2mins (looks nice with moonlight and roses)
Top coat, cure 2mins

My instruction told me to buff again after you'd applied the wrap but removed the applicator obviously. They lasted the full 2 weeks with shellac no problem, I just found them a faff to apply and to remove, took me longer to apply them than it would have done to free hand a French.

My instruction told me to buff again after you'd applied the wrap but removed the applicator obviously. They lasted the full 2 weeks with shellac no problem, I just found them a faff to apply and to remove, took me longer to apply them than it would have done to free hand a French.
Like anything else, if you don't give up but persevere it becomes no faff at all and like second nature! Everything is a faff to begin with ... I think they are very easy. I don't use them because I can paint a French in my sleep on anyone else, but I would use them on myself if I wanted perfection. I've demoed using the wraps 100's of times so I have plenty of experience with them. I wouldn't try to put people off giving them a go just because I don't use them myself.

When I first became interested in Dashing Diva products last year, there was quite a bit of furore on the forum because the company had decided to market and sell their products to consumers in supermarkets and such, so I lost interest.

Is it safe to assume that this is no longer an issue if S2 are willing to partner with DD professionally? ( and Gigi is raving about them again :) )x

When I first became interested in Dashing Diva products last year, there was quite a bit of furore on the forum because the company had decided to market and sell their products to consumers in supermarkets and such, so I lost interest.

Is it safe to assume that this is no longer an issue if S2 are willing to partner with DD professionally? x
Absolutely! :wink2: As if S2 would sell out to consumers. :hug:

Absolutely! :wink2: As if S2 would sell out to consumers. :hug:

I would never expect them to, and glad to see that DD have professional and respected backing in the UK now. Thanks Geeg xx

Latest posts

Back