Sweet Squared - Dashing Diva

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look really good wonder if there will be a training day to show how to do these I hope so :)

I really like dashing diva but I rarely use it.. To be honest I don't promote it that much as hardly any of my clients have French. I bought the white 1-2 years ago and the purple last year.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374183422.652711.jpg

I put shellac over the top I think it was beau and zillionaire

My instruction told me to buff again after you'd applied the wrap but removed the applicator obviously. They lasted the full 2 weeks with shellac no problem, I just found them a faff to apply and to remove, took me longer to apply them than it would have done to free hand a French.

I like to use them on myself as I can not paint French on my own nails, some of my clients love the absolute precise line of them some prefer free hand French, happy to see them back though:lol:

These look really good wonder if there will be a training day to show how to do these I hope so :)
There is always training at S2 but you're a nail technician ... Can you apply a tip with adhesive? If you can then you can watch the video and do it with DD.

Allthough not a tip, it applies like a tip, but is as thin as a coat of paint, which is why they have the applicator to help. You would need to do a 121 as I can't think they will offer a class when it is just like applying a tip with slight modification. But there is always someone to show you how at S2. She's called Chloe and she runs the Sweet Shop at S2 ... Other distributors will be happy to do the same I'm sure.

That sounds good maybe ill buy some when it comes out and have a go :)

I've had the dashing diva designFX bling in Just so modish for about a week and they are lovely! They wear very well on fingers :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374184401.780295.jpg
Might help if I attach the pic :)

I think they are great and if you write down the sizes on your client record cards you don't have to size them again, which is handy for those who always want French

what about clients that like a bigger white tip or for a longer nail, are there any other sizes available ?

Like anything else, if you don't give up but persevere it becomes no faff at all and like second nature! Everything is a faff to begin with ... I think they are very easy. I don't use them because I can paint a French in my sleep on anyone else, but I would use them on myself if I wanted perfection. I've demoed using the wraps 100's of times so I have plenty of experience with them. I wouldn't try to put people off giving them a go just because I don't use them myself.

Not try to put anyone off at all, the original poster asked for opinions and I gave mine. It actually looks like a lot of technicians really like them from the replies on here lol.

Like I said before I was given next to no instructions and hardly any help from the previous supplier, I used them twice then gave up. You are right though if I played around more I'd probably get the hang of it. If its something my clients want then I will bring them in again but in over 2 years I can still count on both hands how many French manicures I've actually done. They just aren't popular with my clients.

I'm interested to find out what other DD products s2 will be stocking though, could never get hold of most things through the old supplier.

Xx

Not try to put anyone off at all, the original poster asked for opinions and I gave mine. It actually looks like a lot of technicians really like them from the replies on here lol.

Like I said before I was given next to no instructions and hardly any help from the previous supplier, I used them twice then gave up. You are right though if I played around more I'd probably get the hang of it. If its something my clients want then I will bring them in again but in over 2 years I can still count on both hands how many French manicures I've actually done. They just aren't popular with my clients.

I'm interested to find out what other DD products s2 will be stocking though, could never get hold of most things through the old supplier.

Xx

There is some information on the Sweet Squared face book page about other DD items.

Here it is!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 392
Here it is!

Thanks Geeg. Can't wait to get some of the design fx wraps, could never get them before and I love a few of the designs. Reminds me I must really get my minx training sorted, had my kit sat in my room months and haven't touched it! Oops!!

Xx

Thanks Geeg. Can't wait to get some of the design fx wraps, could never get them before and I love a few of the designs. Reminds me I must really get my minx training sorted, had my kit sat in my room months and haven't touched it! Oops!!

Xx

Now's the time peeps are flashing their toes ... You are kind of missing out there! For goodness sake get started without the training! Summer will be gone! I can send you a link to the minx traing DVD if you email me with your email address. Mine is gigirouse and I'm at gmail.com. But you can get started without it ... Minx is pretty easy to do.

Have you had a look on fb there are some lovely design on there xxxx I wasn't much on the French but my friend loved them xxx

Now's the time peeps are flashing their toes ... You are kind of missing out there! For goodness sake get started without the training! Summer will be gone! I can send you a link to the minx traing DVD if you email me with your email address. Mine is gigirouse and I'm at gmail.com. But you can get started without it ... Minx is pretty easy to do.

Thank you gigi have sent you an email x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374221934.553337.jpg

This is the French wrap with one of my favourite fx wrap on.

Do the FX wraps apply the same as Minx ?

Latest posts

Back