Swelling after Juvederm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Sorry not sure ive spelt that right, but Juvederm in the lips, how long for the swelling to go down? & look 'normal'?

Xx

Mine took a week but I bruised/swelled heavily soit may take less for you if not severe x

Sent from my HTC One mini using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine took a week but I bruised/swelled heavily soit may take less for you if not severe x

Wow a week, thank you. Guess its best to be prepared. Sounds like there is never going to be a good time to get it done. Xx

No never is really unless you have holidays planned! Some ppl just bruise on lip, swelling subsides after a day or two using ice pack and cover with a dark lipstick but for me the swelling subsided after a few but I had heavy bruising that actually went onto my face (down chin and up towards nose) , guess I may of had a bit of a haematoma from the massage (I'm prone to that though and it wouldn't stop me from going again) I'm actually getting top up nxt wk. I loved the results but everyone reacts differently, are you normally a bad bruiser? May give you an indication x

Not normally but a few weeks back I was on blood thinners & bruised like a peach. Hopefully thats worn off xx

Hi,

Taking arnica supplements for 4-5 days prior to treatment will reduce the amount of swelling/bruising you get, as will good injection technique/using multiple needles.

Cool pack afterwards and a good quality lip treatment afterwards (I recommend Image Skincares lip complex) should help too.

Steven

(p.s. what blood thinners where you on as some stay in your system for a while and it may well be worth avoiding lip augment for a while until they've cleared)

Sorry not sure ive spelt that right, but Juvederm in the lips, how long for the swelling to go down? & look 'normal'?

Xx

Depends on drugs in your system and how good the person injecting is. I've had my lips done several times and I swell and bruise badly. Bruising once went onto my upper lip and under my nose! Swelling takes about a week and bruising a little longer if it goes into your face (although I think that was a one off as or hasn't happened before or since)

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi

I only swelled for 2 days with no bruising. Xx

Hi,

Taking arnica supplements for 4-5 days prior to treatment will reduce the amount of swelling/bruising you get, as will good injection technique/using multiple needles.

Cool pack afterwards and a good quality lip treatment afterwards (I recommend Image Skincares lip complex) should help too.

Steven

(p.s. what blood thinners where you on as some stay in your system for a while and it may well be worth avoiding lip augment for a while until they've cleared)

Oh no... I stopped taking clexane on 30th Jan, im booked in for 28th Feb. Wonder if 29 days is enough to be rid? Xx

Well ive got a christening 24 hours after my appointment.

From what ive read online Il need to be ice packing every 2 hours. But its 2 day til im in work... But there is never a good time to have it done, I did want it the day before but he is fully booked!

Wish me luck 🍀 xx

Yes I have a lady that comes into my salon x

Latest posts

Back