Swimming melted hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allies dream

Reaction score
I have a new client who told me a story about her hair. She uses bos dye she says light brown.been doing this for years,the usual all over every time,she says her hair was to her waist until last October,she swims almost every day she said she got out the pool and realised her hair had shrivelled up when she tried to comb it it all snapped up to the nape! Well she's come to me now with quite a bit of new growth that feels good but long horrible stragley bits she won't let me cut! And guess what just tried to box die it again last week new growth has taken to about level 5 the rest a level 1 to 2 very patchy with all the overlap.she wants me to remove colour and take her to even level 5/6 not sure I should do anything other than a good cut she's coming back in 3 weeks to see if it fades and I'll be able to see. Real natural base has anyone seen this before please? Wish I had olaplex!

Oh dear. Some clients really are their own worst enemy when it comes to routine hair & skin maintenance.

Definitely do an incompatibility test to check for metallic salts. I'm guessing there's a build up of chemicals from the regular soaking in the swimming pool besides the box dyes. I wonder what sort of shampoo she uses?

Sounds like an opportunity to re-educate her on caring properly for her crowning glory and to reduce her expectations to a realistic level of miracle working... Best of luck with that one!

:eek:
Oh dear. Some clients really are their own worst enemy when it comes to routine hair & skin maintenance.

Definitely do an incompatibility test to check for metallic salts. I'm guessing there's a build up of chemicals from the regular soaking in the swimming pool besides the box dyes. I wonder what sort of shampoo she uses?

Sounds like an opportunity to re-educate her on caring properly for her crowning glory and to reduce her expectations to a realistic level of miracle working... Best of luck with that one!
Thankyou yes just cheap pound land shampoo and no conditioner sent her away with hair mask asked her to do it twice week, got test pieces to try hey oh my magicians gown is in the wash ha!

Latest posts

Back