Swollen, itchy eyelid after eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wandawoo

Reaction score
Hi I had my lashes done on Friday using Lash Perfect. They look gorgeous but today I have woken up and one eyelid is sore along the lash line in the middle but not the whole way across.

This happened last year when I had had them for about six months and absolutely fine then all of a sudden the same thing it would be itchy in one place on either eyelid (always three days later) itchiness lasts for about two days then goes because I sort of push the lashes back until I can feel it almost break if that makes sense (not pulling them out though) and then instant relief. Then they were fine until the next infil when the same thing happened again. I have had a six month break from them and this is a completely new set.

What is doing this? I dont think its actually a reaction to glue or anything

It could be that one of the lashes isin't adhered properly at the base and is 'scratching' your eyelid, that would cause irritation. It can happen as the lashes grow out. I would go back to your lash tech so she can check, and remove any loose lashes. x

I would definately say this is a reaction to the glue, or, if there is swelling beneath the eye, it could be a reaction to the pads.

I know you dont want to hear this lol but reactions generally occur 24 hours after application, swelling of the eyelids, itchiness and sometimes bloodshot eyes.

In minor reactions you will get the above symptoms, which will last for 2/3 days then calm down until the next infill.

Its entirely your choice if you want to continue to have lashes, knowing that the reaction is likely to get worse and worse.

Unfortunately clients can have lashes on for months or years with no reaction then all of a sudden they react. Usually its a gradual process that the client is unaware of, slight itchiness, slight swelling, nothing that is obvious, then full blown reaction.

The only thing that will relieve this is to stop having lashes :eek: Even if you have a break, the likelihood is that you will still react. xx

Obviously this is purely based on what you have told us and until someone could look at your eyes properly it is only a personal view x

Thank you both for your replies. I will go back to my lash tech and check to make sure its not a loose eyelash or maybe two or three stuck together (which I hoped) but I think Blinkin Gorgeous you could be right, its definitely not the pads its only my eyelid almost like a stye only its not, no other symptoms. Damn I mite try one more infil and if the same thing happens thats it admit defeat.

Thank you both xxx

Thank you both for your replies. I will go back to my lash tech and check to make sure its not a loose eyelash or maybe two or three stuck together (which I hoped) but I think Blinkin Gorgeous you could be right, its definitely not the pads its only my eyelid almost like a stye only its not, no other symptoms. Damn I mite try one more infil and if the same thing happens thats it admit defeat.

Thank you both xxx

Hi

Blepharitis oftens shows up as swelling. The important thing is to keep yur eyelids and lashes clean.

Get it checked out by your lash technician first (in case its a dodgy lash irritating you) and then maybe your doctor or nurse.

To keep them clean, you can wash with fingertips in a diluted solution of baby shampoo.

Hi

Blepharitis oftens shows up as swelling. The important thing is to keep yur eyelids and lashes clean.

Get it checked out by your lash technician first (in case its a dodgy lash irritating you) and then maybe your doctor or nurse.

To keep them clean, you can wash with fingertips in a diluted solution of baby shampoo.

If it was Blepharitis then its unlikely that it would only flare up after an infill then get better, then flare up again after the next infill.

It would be something that was continuous, you would also see lots of "dandruff" like residue on the lash line xx

Hmmm, I think it sounds like an eyelash is getting pulled. Possibly it's attached to an extended eyelash. I know it sounds silly but one eyelash pulling can be very painful and irritate the eyelid.

Hope you get it sorted and find out what the problem is x

If it was Blepharitis then its unlikely that it would only flare up after an infill then get better, then flare up again after the next infill.

It would be something that was continuous, you would also see lots of "dandruff" like residue on the lash line xx

Same advice still applies Wandawoo.

1. Keep the area clean
2. Get it checked out by your gp

It might not be blepharitis, it might not be dodgy lashes. Either way it needs sorting out.

I would think a reaction to the glue would cause both eyelids to swell etc, not just the one

I got another eyelash tech to look because my son said it looks like you have glue on your actual eyelid. Quite a few of the lashes are (were) stuck to my eyelid on that eye.
Thank you for all your help.

Latest posts

Back