Sympathy to nail technicians..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice that we all have each other in this little community to 'lean' on. It is worrying when new unqualified people set up around you as I still think that many clients do not know the difference between us qualified, trained and insured therapists/technicians/hair stylists and the unqualified, untrained and uninsured ones. I am trying to educate my clients in the hope they pass it onto their friends and family.

We must hold our heads high :D
Rhiannon x

The beauty industry is not the only one suffering this, I have been a scientist for over 25 years and have seen many experienced and qualified scientist's being made redundant to be replaced by unqualified laboratory assistants , who are then left to run samples through analysers on their own, while the few qualified scientist's left are burdened with ever more increasing workloads making mistakes more common.

As someone who has done a short course in manicures and pedicures, and Shellac so far, I have also spent every night for months, studying or practicing my new skills so that I can be as expert in nails as I was in my medical scientific field.
I am sure many others are like me as well.
And I would never sell myself short and charge almost nothing, thereby undercutting the girl who works near me who is a fully qualified beauty therapist.
:wink2:

I blame the training companies who lie to these girls that they can have a business and call themselves "hair pro's" after just one day.

I agree completely !!

These 'so called' training providers are not providing training at all. Unfortunately some are even getting 'accreditation' (whatever that means these days) so many think because of this, that they will be getting a quality of training along with it.

It's all greed ... The providers get accreditation because those who give it out want the fees regardless of whether or not the training is sufficient or adequate. The education providers are thriving because there are so many who think they can make a quick buck with nails and can 'fit it in' around their other job or do it as a hobby round friends and family ABD it's a bit of 'tax free' for them that no one will ever find out about as it is cash in the hand.

If you suspect someone is defrauding the tax man ... Then 'shop them'. There are millions doing it.

I agree completely !!

These 'so called' training providers are not providing training at all. Unfortunately some are even getting 'accreditation' (whatever that means these days) so many think because of this, that they will be getting a quality of training along with it.

It's all greed ... The providers get accreditation because those who give it out want the fees regardless of whether or not the training is sufficient or adequate. The education providers are thriving because there are so many who think they can make a quick buck with nails and can 'fit it in' around their other job or do it as a hobby round friends and family ABD it's a bit of 'tax free' for them that no one will ever find out about as it is cash in the hand.

If you suspect someone is defrauding the tax man ... Then 'shop them'. There are millions doing it.

Oh defo.. That's the thing about our industry.. Easy to do and still claim at the same time! I think once they've done these courses it should go on a data base and a close eye kept on them if they're still claiming! I had a student come train with me from college. She's now working full time doing mobile and claiming! She says that if she gets caught she will tell them she's not charging any labour but gaining experience! Makes me mad!

Latest posts

Back