T100/200 WARNING - Please read - SPRAY TANNING

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
For any of you want to be spray tan techs and any techs that have purchased a T100/T200

Please please please please

Get some training.

I have today spoken to a tech that purchased from a reputable brand and was just sent the machine and solution. She filled it up and off she went. Just used it as it came out of the box. She used way too much solution and as there was no instructions with it either just carried on which incurred a poor unlucky model in being very wet and streaky, with lovely drip lines down her body. This is the third call this week I have had regarding this and it could of easily been rectified if when purchased they knew what they were getting.

When these machines are sold they do not come with instructions as this is part of your training. They are professional machines. Please make sure when you order your machines that if you do not know what you are doing to take the appropriate accredited training.
Not only will this training provide you with current health and safety, it will cover all your skin types, the solution, contra-indications, contra-actions, pre treatment procedures, the process of application, post application procedure, marketing your spray tan treatment or business. Your course will fully prepare you to complete a full body spray tan competently and confidently.

And last but not least and definitely most important it will show you how to get the best from your machine in application of product, how to clean and strip down your gun and also how to apply to get the best possible tan without spraying wet and leaving streaks.
So please be aware that when you purchase a machine and solution whoever you go with, to make sure that you are getting the correct training if you have not already been trained to get the most from your machine.

Don’t forget the backup service that you get as well after your training it doesn’t just stop when you have been trained you should be able to contact your training provider/trainer with any queries however small.

Tan on and be aware!!!!

Last edited:
Good thread Tracey.If people want to 'have a go' on themselves then that is up to them there is nothing to stop them ,but if they are buying a machine and solution to start a business and spray others for money then they have a duty to those people to know what they are doing.

Training is paramount if you are going to be running a business....reputation is everything.

You simply cannot buy a kit and go out and start spraying.....

Training should be included in the price for the kit you buy.

you wouldn't be covered by your insurance anyway if you are not trained as with any service you provide.

Unfortunately i dont think getting training, insurance and registering as a business,therefore doing things properly, is of any importance to some people.
They just want to get out there , make money and are willing to take the risk.They use sites like this for their training and problem solving, unfortunately picking the brains of those of us that have trained properly.Shame on them.

They use sites like this for their training and problem solving, unfortunately picking the brains of those of us that have trained properly. Shame on them.

I had one really cheeky client come a couple of times asking more and more detailed questions. Then a couple of weeks after her last tan, she rang to ask how to adjust the equipment she had bought off ebay because she wanted to be able to spray herself!!! I nearly choked!

Sugar xx

I had one really cheeky client come a couple of times asking more and more detailed questions. Then a couple of weeks after her last tan, she rang to ask how to adjust the equipment she had bought off ebay because she wanted to be able to spray herself!!! I nearly choked!

Sugar xx

Wait till she asks you where she can get the solution you use on her because she prefers the colour more than the one she's got:).
People are sooooo cheeky.

Well wrote Gill, I get p***** off to with the people that dont take time to research, get appropriate training and want to make a fast buck before they disapear off to their next fad........

Very good,relevant and informative posting

1) we get many calls from end users that want to save money by buying a kit because they,their family and friends could all be sprayed and so they can save a fortune from not going into their local salon and spending £25 on a single spray.

They can't seem to understand that this is a professional system for trained ,qualified and insured therapist's to undertake.

They seem to think they can call a trade supplier,buy the cheapest kit possible and away they go:eek: ...some get quiet bolshy when they are told its simply a no go :irked:

2) if you are looking to enter the industry then that's absolutley fantastic..you will find a wealth of support from the many distributors out there as well as of course this site...but please please be a professional and do it correctly...GET PROPER TRAINING.

Don't go letting yourself loose on the general public without this and of course adequate insurance:hug:

Apropriate training WILL save you money in the longer term

Good luck and enjoy spreading the :Love:

Latest posts

Back