Taking a risk? Advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatherineRose

CatherineRose
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have been offered the opportunity to go self employed in a make up studio doing hair extensions. There is another hair stylist there already so to start with I would just be offering extensions and no other hair service.

I've decided to go for it as it's something I'm so passionate about and I really feel I can make this work!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice please... business name ideas... where to start.... how to advertise etc.

I've never been self employed before. Thanks x

Hey Catherine

You need the graphic man that can :) check out Carl from Verve Designs, he has an album of bespoke logos that can help brand your business www.facebook.com/VerveDesigns he offers a fabulous bundle deal which is very affordable and will make you stand out :)

Get your colour theme and then go from there xx

I second Carl from Verve, he has done several bits for me & goes above & beyond to design you something perfect :) If your not arty then his selection of ready made logos is perfect & it might even help you pick a name.

There are also LOADS of starting up threads on here. Spend an afternoon with a computer, pad, pen & cuppa and take time to read through them all jotting down notes as you go. This isnt meant to be harsh, but the questions you have asked have been asked & answered time & time again, so read through the old ones and take away the info that you need.

I've been going a couple of years and still re-read through Lynnes 'ways to promote your business' thread every few months. Good luck hun <3 xx

I second Carl from Verve, he has done several bits for me & goes above & beyond to design you something perfect :) If your not arty then his selection of ready made logos is perfect & it might even help you pick a name.

There are also LOADS of starting up threads on here. Spend an afternoon with a computer, pad, pen & cuppa and take time to read through them all jotting down notes as you go. This isnt meant to be harsh, but the questions you have asked have been asked & answered time & time again, so read through the old ones and take away the info that you need.

I've been going a couple of years and still re-read through Lynnes 'ways to promote your business' thread every few months. Good luck hun <3 xx

Thanks for the reply! :) I'll definately keep looking through the threads, I've already found some helpful ones.

In regards to the logo etc, I've already got someone on the job but thanks for the recommendations x

Latest posts

Back