Taking photos of your work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn'sManicures

Reaction score
Hi all
I have just started up my nail business Dawn's Manicures
I would really appreciate some help with photo taking :(
When I take pics on my phone (nexus) I cant seem to get the pose or angle right
Should the photos all be the same pose or can I mix it up?
And I know this sounds really silly but should my pics have my name in?
Thanks so much :D
Dawn

IMG_20130911_155311 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is thinking this. My photography skills are rubbish.

Looking forward to som replies :) xxx

That's a really pik Hun I'd be happy with it x

Watermark your pics so no one else can use them ( pass them off as their work)

Watermark your pics so no one else can use them ( pass them off as their work)

Techno phobe here..how do u watermark?can do this on PC only?

Thanks that was going to be my next question :D

There are watermark apps you can download. Upload your photograph and place your watermark where you like.

Sure iwatermark is one but sure there will be lots more.

If you go through the massive 'what nails are you sporting today' thread, you will see many more examples of hand poses which will showcase your work well.

I'd also stress the importance of a good nail lamp so that you see the colours and detail well. Hth :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are watermark apps you can download. Upload your photograph and place your watermark where you like.

Sure iwatermark is one but sure there will be lots more.

If you go through the massive 'what nails are you sporting today' thread, you will see many more examples of hand poses which will showcase your work well.

I'd also stress the importance of a good nail lamp so that you see the colours and detail well. Hth :)

Great thanku!

And remember and place the watermark where it can't be cropped out

Iv got an I phone and use photomarker can make the water mark very faint

Yes you lighting just needs to be better , I have a daylight slim lamp and adjust the lamp so that the light reflection runs lengthways down the nail I think I looks really pretty and shows of the nails better. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388684187.599187.jpg

I have an app called line camera. It lets me 'beautify' my pics, ie lighten, darken, contrast etc, but also has dozens of these fab effects which put hearts, flowers and all sorts around the image and also some fab frames. Considering it's free, I love it :) I can't add an example as it says it's not a valid image file...xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh it lets me on the full site. Excuse my dry hands, lol :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 895
Thats fantastic thanks so much I will have a play :)

I use line camera too!

Yes you lighting just needs to be better , I have a daylight slim lamp and adjust the lamp so that the light reflection runs lengthways down the nail I think I looks really pretty and shows of the nails better. View attachment 51693

That looks fantastic :)

Depending on what the designs/colors are I use various backgrounds to capture the best image. I also make sure my lighting is always bright and I always watermark. Here are a few examples.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388691753.102902.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388691753.102902.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 735
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388691896.967381.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388691896.967381.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 716
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388691979.489094.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388691979.489094.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 706
Depending on what the designs/colors are I use various backgrounds to capture the best image. I also make sure my lighting is always bright and I always watermark. Here are a few examples.

Shannon, what app do you use to get your name around your nail please xx

Shannon, what app do you use to get your name around your nail please xx

I use a few different apps. The watermark around the nail is done with "type drawing"

Is there any software on my laptop I can use to add a watermark?

I have been taking pictures on my digital camera and upload them to my laptop instead of my mobile phone

Many Thanks
Dawn

Is there any software on my laptop I can use to add a watermark?

I have been taking pictures on my digital camera and upload them to my laptop instead of my mobile phone

Many Thanks
Dawn

Not sure. Best bet is google. If not, link your phone up to your laptop and move the files across then use the watermark app :) x

Latest posts

Back