Taking the plunge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkDiamond

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I think I know the answer to my question I just need a little push!
I've been doing beauty now for 4 years I have an excellent client base and love my job. I have a full time job in an office and I work my beauty around this. I'm sometimes working 60 hours a week though doing both jobs and I'm completely burnt out. I am desperate to take the plunge and do beauty full time but I'm also scared to give up the security of a guaranteed wage. I earn enough doing beauty now to live and I currently don't advertise as I have no capacity to take on new clients so I'm hoping if I give my other job up once I advertise I will gain more clients xxx
I just really want to know if anyone has been in the same boat and regretted it or not ?
Thank you

Could you perhaps go part time with your office job to start with while you build up your beauty career even more? If you are worried :D

Hi I haven't taken the plunge as you say but wanted to add there is a saying....find a job you love and you will never work a day of your life!

If you are doing a job you love it will show in your enthusiasm and your customer care. If you currently don't advertise and are doing well just think of the possibility of when you do!

I say go for it as you said you earn enough to live on now from beauty. I am self employed (in another job) and whilst it is a risk not having a guaranteed wage each month I find I am more motivated as I am my own product and want to do well, so work hard.

Hi I have taken the plunge!, have been doing beauty for 22 years. Have just set up a home salon, and soo wish I'd done it sooner!, I love my job, facebook is great for getting the word out there locally. If u already have a clientele that's great, maybe dropping to part time with your other job first?, I was only part time before I left my job , so built up clientele before I left. Good luck

Hi Everyone
I think I know the answer to my question I just need a little push!
I've been doing beauty now for 4 years I have an excellent client base and love my job. I have a full time job in an office and I work my beauty around this. I'm sometimes working 60 hours a week though doing both jobs and I'm completely burnt out. I am desperate to take the plunge and do beauty full time but I'm also scared to give up the security of a guaranteed wage. I earn enough doing beauty now to live and I currently don't advertise as I have no capacity to take on new clients so I'm hoping if I give my other job up once I advertise I will gain more clients xxx
I just really want to know if anyone has been in the same boat and regretted it or not ?
Thank you

Hi, sounds like you have the right idea that you've worked out you have enough to live on if you follow your dreams. Depending on what set up you go for it will then determine the commitment you need to give it. That is, home based salon or rent a room you can split part time with your job. Otherwise a full on salon will require you to work there full time. If I can help just pm me xxx

Latest posts

Back