tammy taylor website!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princesspugpug

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a message asking if anyone else has had a problem purchasing products from the Tammy Taylor website. I paid for an item on the 30th of April and it is now the 24th of May. I did not recieve my item so i decided to contact them to ask what was happening with it as it said order confirmed. It never updated for a month. I paid via paypal. I recieved an email back from someone stating that to send my items to Australia they wanted $219, i only ordered 4 small pots of acrylic which cost me $40, no one in their right mind would pay 5x the cost of the initial item to have it shipped to them(no where in their site did it say costs for postage), seeing i have in the past bought the same items from ebay 7 or 8 at a time and have only ever paid $25 shipping to australia.

i emailed them back asking why would it cost so much and that they only contacted me back to try and steal more money from me. I asked for my intial payment to be refuned and no-one has bothered to reply this time. I cant lodge a claim via paypal because it wasnt thru an ebay seller.

has this happened to anyone else?

You can dispute a paypal payment even if it wasn't through ebay. Just log in to your paypal account and open up the details of the transaction it is there.

The reason they will charge more for shipping than 'ebay' is because the product has to be sent in a special way - fireproof etc. Ebayers will not bother with this. Im not denying it still sounds like alot.

Anyways I and most others would never reccomend buying products on ebay anyway.

I also agree to not contact you and let you know why there was a delay was wrong however I'm sure this will all get resolved!

Amy

Interesting, has the money actually been taken out of your paypal account?
They will have to refund, as no itme has been bought or shipped.
Did you really expect FREE SHIPPING ?
I just placed a trial order (but didn't finish the process) and their shopping cart didn't add postage, so obviously it's an error on their end.
I'm sure everything will work out, they are quite a large high profile company with a good reputation.

if that were me id be on the blower and wouldnt hang up until id got my money back! Always take the name of the person you are talking to and if they try to fob you off..then keep insisting you talk to their manager until you get somewhere.
I think most people would expect to pay shipping on smaller purchases but thats ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I order from Tammy Taylor all the time, with no bigger problems. Sometimes they send me the wrong product or so, but I always get to keep it when they send me the product I actually ordered. They ship with UPS and that does cost a lot.. And if the item(s) you order is flammable, there's a extra fee with UPS just for that.

I also tried to buy something online from TT, just to try her Competetive forms. But the first thing we noticed that there's no lock icon (I don't know the word, but you know, up there in your browser where you put the web adress) so no lock icon which shows that that online shopping is safe for your card and payment.:eek: But the order was done so we just crossed our fingers and waited. Then we recieved a mail saying 'thank you for buying blah blah', but there was no shipment price, just that package will go 'by ground' or something. Yeah right, by ground, and there's a ground between USA and Europe? :green: So we emailed them back asking why there's no safe buying sign and what about shipment price, and they said - for about 60 $ goods the shipping cost is 354 $ :Scared:, and nothing about that online safety... so we said, thank you, we're canceling... but I think I saw on their site 'no refunds' warning... hm... but that's all strange because as far as I contacted them they DO answer all your mails and questions... and as far as their shipment prices, I was just sad, but not for long, coz I found what I was looking for just a few blocks from my home :)

I think most people would expect to pay shipping on smaller purchases but thats ridiculous. Well, it is shipping controlled substances from the US to Aus - it wont come cheap.....

Another example of why trying to buy from your most local distributor is usually a good idea. What appears cheaper on a website can often turn out to have hidden costs......

Last edited by a moderator:
How to Dispute a Transaction
Open dispute

Reasons for opening a dispute include:
  • Item not received: You paid for an item but never received it
  • Item significantly not as described: You received an item that was significantly different from the seller's description
To open a dispute, click the Resolution Centre tab.

demo_select_transaction_568x355.gif

When you open a dispute, you'll inform PayPal about the type of problem you are having and then post a message explaining the situation to your seller.

Even if you've already emailed the seller you should still use the dispute resolution process because doing so ensures that your communication with the seller will be visible to PayPal if the dispute is escalated to a claim. Also, it increases the likelihood that the seller will take your concerns seriously and respond thoughtfully.

Try not to enter communication with the seller under the assumption that they are acting unfairly or unreasonably. Make it clear that you see the situation as resolvable and include some suggestions about how the seller can satisfy you. The vast majority of sellers welcome the opportunity to work out problem transactions and agree on a solution.

We’ll send an email to the seller letting them know that you have opened a dispute.

After spending ages cleaning this thread up I hope that this thread can now get back on track...please do be constructive and professional in your replies.

thanks for you responses, i tried to lodge a dispute thru paypal and put in the transaction id and it said that my dispute isnt covered via paypal.

as far as im aware postage costs go on weight here in australia, powders wouldnt be as flamable as liquids. It wouldnt cost 219 bucks tho...thats pure rip off. It would just come in a padded bag with extra bubble wrap around them...it wouldnt be that much.

That sucks that your being ripped off. But this is exectly why I don't buy things online if they are from a different country!!!

Latest posts

Back