Tan after lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
A client wants a spray tan and eyelash extentions for her wedding day. she wants a trial first and has asked for a appointment in the same day.

Is this ok to do the eyelash extentions then spray tan straight after? I'm sure your not supposed to do this and don't want to risk her not re-booking if the lashes don't last long.

I use flirties glue and sealant.

I was told in my lash extensions training that there shouldn't be any contact with moisture within 24 hours. Not even steam from a shower is good.

I hope that helps?

Thank you I thought that might be the case I'm not going to risk it just incase.

As above - I would recommend spraying the following day ;)

I LOVE this site! Literally just had a client asking for this, and like yourselves, was pretty sure I wouldn't tan a client straight after lashes, but wanted to double check. Searched on here, found this and got my answer! Thanks lol xx

I was thinking about this too. Could you not tan first, then do the lashes second?

I was thinking about this too. Could you not tan first, then do the lashes second?
From my experience, this isn't the best idea in case the eyes water.

Don't think the lash glue would really adhere well to the lashes either as they would be coated in tan solution x

I lash and then tan. It's fine.

If you tan first the eye pads would rip the tan off and you'd get tan on your hands.

I lash and then tan. It's fine.

If you tan first the eye pads would rip the tan off and you'd get tan on your hands.
This is kinda off topic. But can you get your eyelash extensions certificate if you are not an esthetician and only a certified spraytan tech?

I tan first and then lash as i don't want the oil in the solution sit on the fresh lashes. I don't use big pads to cover the bottom lashes. I use 3m tape and put a tissue on a clients forehead. It's all clean. Clients' faces are absolutely fine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

If your training says don't do something and you decide to go against this, your insurance will not cover you. The insurance companies in the UK, ALWAYS tell you to follow your training so those who are tanning then lashing or lashing then tanning please be carefull, any claim will end up being against you personally as your work insurance will not cover you.

i tan and lash on the same day and have done so for the last 10 years + , i lash first then tan .I have never ever had a problem and i do 60 + tan a week and the vast majority of them have lashes to xxx

i tan and lash on the same day and have done so for the last 10 years + , i lash first then tan .I have never ever had a problem and i do 60 + tan a week and the vast majority of them have lashes to xxx
I want 60 tans a week! How do you get the clients?

I want 60 tans a week! How do you get the clients?
It just takes time i started tanning many years ago when St Tropez first brought air brush tanning to the UK i just built on that and have always kept up with the latest trends , even providing dance events and colleges free of charge just to get my name out there . In my local area if you mention spray tan my name will always come up but i use various brands and promote no one but myself xxx

It just takes time i started tanning many years ago when St Tropez first brought air brush tanning to the UK i just built on that and have always kept up with the latest trends , even providing dance events and colleges free of charge just to get my name out there . In my local area if you mention spray tan my name will always come up but i use various brands and promote no one but myself xxx
Thank you!! I know I just started in June lol! But that is my goal. I know it will be years before it happens. But I am doing really good so far! I absolutely love my spray tanning business! And I am getting ready to go to esthetician school so that I can offer more treatments! You are an inspiration. Thank you!
Charlee

I know this is an old post but I'm hoping you're still around!! When you tan after lashing, how do you advise they wash the tan off their face? Do they shower it off as normal and then just pat dry round their eyes? I was told lashes shouldn't get wet for 24 hours so I'm concerned about the wash off? Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back