Tan coming out spotty from gun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyb1975

Reaction score
Recently my tan solution is coming out a little speckally (sorry about the spelling). What would be causing this? Is it just that my gun needs a good deep clean? I rinse it and run water thru it at least weekly (I only do about 5 tans a week).

On that topic, what should I use to rinse my gun out? My tan supplier does sell a solution to clean it but surely that's just a marketing ploy and I could do it with something much simpler/cheaper?? What does everyone use?

Thanks in advance

Mel

You need to dismantle your gun and give it a good clean.If you are in a hard water area your gun could have limescale in it.After spraying through with water always take the cup off and give it a blast through with air which will get rid of any trapped water.

Have you tried turning the dial at the back of the gun? This makes the gun spray a finer mist depending on how tight you turn it, it may have just turned round slightly by itself ..mine does that sometimes then the gun sprays out very spotty! Give that a go and if no luck, give your gun a thorough clean throughout, there's some videos on youtube showing you how to dismantle a spray tan gun / put it back together if your not sure how to do it x

Are you using a gun with a heat setting? I noticed the tan can a
Splurt out abit when you have heat on so i never use it now :) hth x

Latest posts

Back