Tan didn't last

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeymel

Reaction score
I recently sprayed 3 girls with Nouvatan spray tan, 2 ladted fine but the 3rd girls lasted 2 days even though she followed the same aftercare as the other girls. I'm wondering if the length of the tan can be effected by a persons skin colour as this girl was super pale and I was wondering if it's someone linked?

A dry skin will not last as long, especially if a good exfoliation has not been done before hand, as the tan will 'flake' off with the dead skin....
They must be sure to moisturize.
Pale skin is usually more dry.
Wear off will be more noticeable, because of the contrast

I think youll find she didnt prep her skin properly and probably hasnt followed proper aftercare advice

I find tan products work on skin like perfume does, with no one scent smelling exactly the same on two people. I find each tan will differ on color and longevity depending on the clients skin, as therapist just making your clients aware of this and hoping that they follow the correct home care advice.

I have very pale skin and I can easily get my tans to last a week. But what I've found with clients is what they use before the tan and after make a world of difference. I have had clients that swear by salt/sugar exfoliating scrubs which (in my opinion) caused the tans to fade or not last as long. There's so many things that could cause hers to not last. My guess would be it was something she didn't follow aftercare or pre tanning advice.

Latest posts

Back