Tan removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly104

Reaction score
I know this may sound a little silly but what is the easiest and quickest way of removing fake tan ? iv been told that lemon and sugar is better than a bought scrub?

I've never tried it but someone told me rub a little soap powder into skin with warm water - apparently it works lol

Thanks ill try it :)

Have a good soak in a hot bath with baby oil then scrub using exfoliating mitts.
Or
Go swimming. The chlorine in the water fades the remaining tan then have an exfoliate after to remove any left behind.
Xx

How big is the area you're trying to remove it from? If its a small area, whitening toothpaste rubbed in & left on for 20 mins or if its all over body a warm bath with oil in & a good scrub should do the trick!!! x

i'm sure I've read on here that pineapple works ... not sure how though? x

Pineapple works based on the chemicals in the natural fruit reacting with the natural sugars in the tan - if you remember the principal is that it's the same fruit sugar as apple and work from there :) So Yeah Lemon should work too - oil helps soften the skin so applying plenty of oil should in theory help with some light exfoliation :)

Theory btw :) I haven't tested any of these :)

The only way to remove a DHA tan is via exfoliation the pigment is actually part of the dead skin cells.

There's a new micro fibre cloth called TanGo which many of our professionals use to remove product from their hands after a days spraying in salon.

It does work, bottom line is your tan will be gone in 7 days or so as you shed skin cells.

Latest posts

Back