Tan tent problems. Please help.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stba2006

Reaction score
I was wondering if any-one could please help.

I bought a tan tent from Shadez about a month ago and as I have been ill I have only just come to using it.

The problem is that I cannot get it down. I have seen many of the other posts about problems with taking tan tents down and have looked at the video clips as mention in some of these posts but I just can't get it down. To make things worse the tent has now started going out of shape (curving in at one side) and so I'm not so sure it will go back at all now.

I have only done what as been shown in the clips and or suggestions on posts and not used any force so can't understand why it had done this.

I have tried contacting shadez, but I think they are away and so could any-one else please help as I have my first customer at the weekend.

:irked:

I was wondering if any-one could please help.

I bought a tan tent from Shadez about a month ago and as I have been ill I have only just come to using it.

The problem is that I cannot get it down. I have seen many of the other posts about problems with taking tan tents down and have looked at the video clips as mention in some of these posts but I just can't get it down. To make things worse the tent has now started going out of shape (curving in at one side) and so I'm not so sure it will go back at all now.

I have only done what as been shown in the clips and or suggestions on posts and not used any force so can't understand why it had done this.

I have tried contacting shadez, but I think they are away and so could any-one else please help as I have my first customer at the weekend.

:irked:

If you can pop over to me at Todmorden I can show you. Sometimes its easier showing than explaining. Give me a pm if you want my address details :hug:

Fold it flat, push the top end against a solid surface, eg skirting board, then start to fold in half bringing the bottom half up to meet the top. As you are doing this, your left hand should twist underneath ... the tent should automatically fold itself into a circle at this stage ... and you just follow as it goes into a circle shape ready for its bag.

Do hope you get it sorted. I had the same problem when I first got mine, doing the actual tan was the east bit!! It turned out mine was faulty though. HTH x

Thanks for the help.

I have an awful feeling that mine is faulty too (it's looking like a kidney at the moment lying flat on the fllor. I don't think it is supposed to look like that?!?!), but Jen is being an angel and helping me tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Dont worry hun, jen will help you to get it back under control,
mine used to be this shape too until i learnt how to control the thing lol :hug:

My tent is also gone a kidney shape and I CANT GET IT DOWN AAAAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH waiting for husband to get in so he can try
Does this shape mean my tent is faulty

Please help does anyone else have this shape when flat :irked:

Cheers

I take that back about thinking my tent is faulty. I spent a while re-shaping my tent last night. I put the tent fully up, and started pulling it gently into shape. It isn't perfect, but not far off.

I then spent ages trying to get it down using tips from on here and eventually it worked. I think the shape does make a difference to how easy it is to put down (hence causing part of my original problem), but I don't think it means it is faulty.

Thanks for evey-ones help

xxx

HI

I have a tent from shadezs. The only way that I can contact him is by his mobile number. My tent is very out of shape, I have tried reshaping, but still can not get it down. My friend who also is in the spray tan industry had a go and no luck. I contacted the chap from Shadezs and he is exchanging it for a new one. I will let you know how it goes. All I know is, when it arrives I will take it out of the bag very slowly and then put it down again until I work it out. The tent is too big to fit in the back of my aygo....lol

hi hun i had the same problem it ended up snapping in the end and i bought another from a dif company, it just would not go down, i watched all the vids on youtube. This new one folds straight down i also contacted them with no reply.

I'm having a problem with my tent from Shadez too. My trainer has looked at it and can't get it down. And so far I've not got any reply from them.
Colleen who did you buy your new tent from and does it work well?

If you do a search you find lots of threads where we have given detailed advise and step by steps to get it down,
they are very hard to break and just need gentle persuasion hth

My tent will only go down properly if I fold it in a certain way! I have to make sure the bit that you open out is on my right when folding down or it won't play.

HTH's xx

Well, I've been trying to get it down for weeks now - I've looked at everything possible on the net, I've had a a chap from the pop up tent industry look at it, as well as my trainer and I promise you it is not going down the way it should - or any other way.
My trainer says she has expecrienced a faulty tent do this before and that there is a problem with the poles twisting incorrectly and that she believes it is faulty.
And I've still had no reply. I am a little bit narked to day the least.

so glad i found this !! my tent was going to stay up i was getting stressed with it. thanks for the vid link :)

no probs that what im here for !! as are we all to help each other !

like i say any probs at all call me ...and thats anytime of the day if i can help i will not a problem. :lol:

damn spoke to soon, got it out to show my dad its gone kidney shaped and wont go down :(

OMG had my tent over 12 months and normally drive home with it in the back of my car and throw in garage till Hubby can do it but last two times I have had it out I have managed to put it down 1st time lol now I push top right corner to bottom left corner and it all follows and folds up and straight in bag hehehe

lucky u lol mine is still up after 2 hrs, leaving it for a bit then gonna get fella to try help after

Latest posts

Back